Fallout 1 - Free on GOG for the next 48 hours

Just wait to give you guys a heads up on the deal going on at gog.com.

The classic Fallout is available for free for the next 48 hours.

I'm taking this opportunity to play a great classic game I missed out on. I've played a little of Fallout 3 and would like to see how this series started out.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/fallout

Hmm I see why its free now.. might have been good back in the days where 8MB GPU was amazing, don't have patience for games like that now :)

Thanks for the heads up though

Hmm I see why its free now.. might have been good back in the days where 8MB GPU was amazing, don't have patience for games like that now :)

Your loss.

in my mind the first two where the better games the FPS versions just arent as good in my mind.

?? Why the link? I found that forum earlier looking for a way to increase the rez

Because he was trying to be helpful, and btw Audioboxer, thanks for the link, wouldn't have been able to find it on my own without spending eons googling.

Pretty sure there was no gpu back then.

Pretty sure there was no gpu back then.

True, the first GPU was made in 1999, Fallout it's a 1997 game.

However I suspect he meant graphic cards. The first was made in 1994-1995.

Still, there's no reason to ignore these games. Many old games are a lot better than what we have today.

True, the first GPU was made in 1999, Fallout it's a 1997 game.

However I suspect he meant graphic cards. The first was made in 1994-1995.

Still, there's no reason to ignore these games. Many old games are a lot better than what we have today.

Yea I didn't mean while the game was out, just that far back

Agreed. It was cool back in the day. Great game no question. But then again, VCR's used to be cool. Doesn't mean I want to hook one up and use it again...

I wonder how well this game would play on the Acer Iconia Tab w500 I ordered yesterday for Windows 8

GPU as a term appeared in 1999. I believe Matrox made first addon video card in 1978. *cough*

Th old graphics cards of the era don't qualify a gpus, some of the early workstation cards could, but that's something entirely different.

Th old graphics cards of the era don't qualify a gpus, some of the early workstation cards could, but that's something entirely different.

Care to explain how so, please? :wacko:

On an unrelated note and more to the topic, perhaps, people these days play a lot of much bigger total fire-and-forget turds that just happen to be more flashy colored, but fail at every single good game design principle there is. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Is the site getting running slow for anyone else?

Not sure if they're just getting hammered or my it's just something my end.

Care to explain how so, please? :wacko:

On an unrelated note and more to the topic, perhaps, people these days play a lot of much bigger total fire-and-forget turds that just happen to be more flashy colored, but fail at every single good game design principle there is. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Gonna have to disagree with you on that one. I play 95% offline rpg and there are ALOT that I would take over a game made from back in the day.