Are you a light or heavy sleeper?

extremely light sleeper, and its really annoying, in the morning you just feel "you just awake feeling not rested well"

Exactly. I can stay in bed until I wake up naturally, and can't fall back to sleep--but I never actually feel rested, especially as the day goes on. After a "full night's rest", I still nod off during the day; especially on car rides!

I'm basically the Dormouse, from Alice in Wonderland. I mean, I have a job, I travel, I work out on a regular basis; but I'm generally just a very sleepy person.

Im pretty light. I wake up a lot throughout the night but it's generally not someone walking in or anything. Mostly, its on my own. Sometimes it's my cat. And sometimes like today, I just need to use the washroom. I'm very restless. Toss and turn a lot.

Heavy sleeper here. A nuclear explosion wouldn't wake me. I usually sleep for ten hours a night and never wake up, except if i've had too much to drink near bed time, then I might need to use the wc once or twice.

Exactly. I can stay in bed until I wake up naturally, and can't fall back to sleep--but I never actually feel rested, especially as the day goes on. After a "full night's rest", I still nod off during the day; especially on car rides!

I'm basically the Dormouse, from Alice in Wonderland. I mean, I have a job, I travel, I work out on a regular basis; but I'm generally just a very sleepy person.

I+_a1333f07958c26101f1bd54eecdcb557.jpg

Sounds like sleep apnea to me. You might need to lose weight or get positive air flow equipment. My Auntie has that. What happens is, you stop breathing during sleep and wake up hundreds, sometimes thousands of times, without even knowing it, which of course prevents you properly entering rem state, and so you never feel refreshed upon waking, and even fall asleep during the day with micro sleeps.

I'm a very light sleeper.

I sleep with a relatively loud fan on through every season of the year to avoid waking up over every single peep in the house.

Exactly this--white noise is a lifesaver.

That being said, I usually am OK once I fall asleep as long as I have the fan. It's just falling asleep that's the tricky bit--even when I'm exhausted, sometimes I just cannot sleep, can't get comfortable or brain won't stfu. I've inadvertently and unwillingly pulled all-nighters just because I gave up on trying to sleep.

It has to be dark, too, I usually put something over my eyes. And I can't sleep in cars or planes or whatever, the idea of people looking at me while I sleep freaks me out. (One exception was flying business class in a mostly empty plane, now that was cushy. And I had been awake for 28+ hours.)

Depends on the night. Some nights I can't stay asleep to save my life. But most nights I can sleep through anything. I have literally slept through thunder storms, hail storms, and various car alarms going off right outside my window.

Sounds like sleep apnea to me. You might need to lose weight or get positive air flow equipment. My Auntie has that. What happens is, you stop breathing during sleep and wake up hundreds, sometimes thousands of times, without even knowing it, which of course prevents you properly entering rem state, and so you never feel refreshed upon waking, and even fall asleep during the day with micro sleeps.

It's not sleep apnea. I considered that for a long time, but it's since been ruled out by doctors. I'm not a back-sleeper or overweight enough for that to be likely, anyways.

Plus I'm a girl. So I don't snore. Obviously.

But thank you for the suggestion!

According to my mother, I slept the same way when I was a baby; in that I never really slept much, or for long periods of time because everything woke me. I was a very light sleeper, even then.

It's just that I'm easily awoken by things that wouldn't bring normal or heavier sleepers out of a deeper sleep. I'm sure that in my longer periods of sleep, I enter deep enough where I'm not easily awoken, but I just don't have many of those on most nights.

Like I mentioned, in the spring/summer/fall, I have a fan on high enough for the constant noise to drown out other noises that might normally wake me--I tend to wake a bit less often, then.

At the same time, I don't sleep nearly as well when I have someone in bed with me. I become terribly restless in the night, and I'd guess I sleep about 50% less than I do now.

I'm a heavy sleeper, a good 10 hours sleep average a night is needed otherwise i'm in an awful mood for the rest of the day.

The room's got to be in complete darkness & silence too, cannot stand when i can hear someone watching tv downstairs as i'm about to sleep.

I'm a heavy sleeper, a good 10 hours sleep average a night is needed otherwise i'm in an awful mood for the rest of the day.

The room's got to be in complete darkness & silence too, cannot stand when i can hear someone watching tv downstairs as i'm about to sleep.

It has to be dark for me, too. I can't stand even the light of a clock (hence, I don't sleep with one in the bedroom). Though I have draped dark red christmas lights over the bedframe, which are okay for me, surprisingly.

Need to invest in one of those sleeping shades.

It has to be dark for me, too. I can't stand even the light of a clock (hence, I don't sleep with one in the bedroom). Though I have draped dark red christmas lights over the bedframe, which are okay for me, surprisingly.

Need to invest in one of those sleeping shades.

I have to move my alarm clock to face the wall, nothing worse!.

I have a 5 month old with a cold. So I've not been a sleeper for a week or so.

I'm a heavy sleeper once I manage to fall asleep. Getting there is the more difficult part. I have yet to find the stand by switch for my mind...

Once I fall asleep, it's generally only another person, a fire alarm or my alarm clock that can wake me up.

Even then, I have to regularly change my alarm tone on my phone\buy a new alarm clock the beeps differently because I do adjust to the tones.

The dogs are usually the biggest culprit, scratching at the door or winging because you won't let them in, my dogs can cry for hours until you give them a little attention then they bugger off..

very light sleeper, to the point of insomnia,and I work nightshift, sometimes I cant sleep, when I do sleep I wake up if someone moves or talks in the house. its annoying, Im taking prescription sleep aid and it works for couple hours and then dies off. I also live in a housing complex so I have to deal with noisy neighbors and kids. Im only 30 but feel like a old man complaining about noisy people.lol

when I was younger I was a heavy sleeper. slept through the alarm clock and missed school alot of times

• Like 1

Depends, alcohol free I am a very light sleeper, and any noise will make me wake again, or stop me from sleeping

Drunk I sleep like a log anywhere :p

I am a light sleeper but almost always fast to go to sleep too. someone come in to the room I will wake or if I toss and turn. I hit the snooze button one or two times each day. Yeah its proven not to be good to do that but i find it does make me wake easier.

there are rare times where I am just so exhausted that I sleep so deep.

Light sleeper... any slight sound can wake me up... I can set myself to wake up at whatever time without using alarm clock...

That's definitely a benefit.

Sometimes I set an alarm if there's something important I need to be up for, but I always wake up before it goes off. Otherwise, I just wake up when I need to, anyways.

I'm an extremely heavy sleeper, once I'm asleep almost nothing can wake me up (alarm clocks don't usually wake me up).

The only problem is falling asleep in the first place :/

Heavy sleeper - I fall asleep instantly, rarely wake up, and usually get 7-8 hours during weekdays, 8-10 hours during weekends.

I'd say that for the most part I'm a heavy sleeper. In fact, I need to have some form of sound like music or a film in order for me to fall asleep. However, there are occasions where I just can't sleep well. Last night was a prime example, I ended up waking at 0200, 0400, 0600, 0730, and finally 0830 when the alarm went off. Needless to say, I'm not feeling very rested today.