Npower Championship followers?

No points for guessing my team!

I hear it all the time 'Saints are a one man team!' Pfft, the Leeds game proved that wrong. Davis has been immense between the sticks this season and Chappers has been a solid work horse in the middle. Still think we need to off a few if (not counting any chickens!!) we get promoted.

Reading game is a tough one, we have been great at home this season but have come off the boil lately, winner of this one will win the Championship me thinks, cant see West Ham catching up and I don?t think they will get through the play offs, think Birmingham will scrape it.

And yeap, as much as I am enjoying the Pompey fiasco and laughing that they are getting relegated, I hope they survive and come back stronger. Just isn?t the same without a local derby game.

I follow the championship, like a few here. I am a Southampton fan also.

I agree with StrikedOut, Saints aren't a one man team. As great as Lambert has been he still needs the delivery. Plus not one player can potentially give us back to back promotions, the whole team have worked hard.

I think since coming back in the new year Southampton haven't been their best, if they were still playing like they did at the start of the season i think the league would already be wrapped up.

Big game on Friday though, the winners of that game will go up Champions, as much as i'd like them to win the league, we just need automatic promotion, i'd hate to end up in the play offs. We just need a win or a draw, as i think our remaining games should be easier than Readings.

There are quite a few Saints fans here, not sure why I should be surprised!! :D

My big fear for Friday is that it's on Sky!! Never know a team to be so camera shy as us......

I know what you mean. At one point i refused to watch them on Sky because everytime i did they'd lose or struggle to get a draw. Plus it is so painful to watch especially if we're losing.

I'm not sure what to make of the Southampton/Reading match. Maybe the best result is for one team to take all 3 points which would give us the chance to hopefully catchup with 2nd place. We definitely cannot afford anymore draws now though!

<-- See Avatar - It's gonna be a painful remainder of the season, but today's 4-0 victory against Barnsley at least raised some spirits. We really need to up our home form and need Reading and Southampton to trip up now though!

4539743302_266x346.jpg

Reading winning 2-1 at Southampton with less than 10 mins to go. I'd rather the Saints got the win as they have the better goal difference if it comes down to a head to head with the Hammers for the fight for 2nd place. Looks like we're destined for the play offs! :(

I knew i shouldn't of watched it. Soon as i switch it on, Reading score. Then i stop it and play Fez, and get told they equalised, so i started watching again... Reading score again!

While it looks like Reading will go up champions, i still reckon there might be a twist, hopefully not West Ham getting second over Southampton haha.

I knew i shouldn't of watched it. Soon as i switch it on, Reading score. Then i stop it and play Fez, and get told they equalised, so i started watching again... Reading score again!

While it looks like Reading will go up champions, i still reckon there might be a twist, hopefully not West Ham getting second over Southampton haha.

I watched the whole game and I have never seen such a one sided match for a few years. Saints dominated from start to finish but got caught on the break 3 times. To me going forward we were superb. Patient and effective. Front 2 wasn't quite on top form as their shots all seemed to go straight at their keeper. Defensively we were a little light weight leading to all of their goals.

If Reading play like that in the Prem then they won't last long but with our playing style and a little strenghthening we will progress.

Yeah last night was a frustrating match. Saints had 19 shots, 12 on target. Reading had 6 shots 4 on target. Certainly a lesson in finishing last night. Hopefully Brighton can do us a favour today.

Pompey won tonight while Bristol City had drawn.

Pompey need to win the remaining two matches and for Bristol, ideally to lose the last 2 or just get a draw.

I suppose Its nice Southampton get to go up, the Premier league tends to be quite boring with so many boring teams.

Well done Reading, heck of a run in the 2nd half of the season. Hopefully we can secure automatic promotion against Middlesbrough on saturday.

How they've played during the second half of the season they deserve to go up champions. Although being a Saints fan i hope Saints do instead, but i'll be happy with the second automatic promotion spot. Back to back promotion would be a great achievement by Saints considering where we were a few years back plus we'll get to unleash Rickie Lambert in the PL!

Arrgh West Ham could have done us (Pompey) a favour last night. We aren't down yet but we are if Bristol City win one of their last two games and we fail to win both ours.

I know my opinion is wrong, but imo Portsmouth needs to go down, re-address their whole situation. I can see MANY players leaving at the end of the season and what "good" players will go to Portsmouth who are in ?58m debt and failing to pay anyone including players. They're in a bad situation but need to take a year out effectivly, demolish fratton park, build a new one with money they obviously don't have, but a bigger better stadium will give them more money in the long run as Portsmouth has a massive fan base and they all can't fit in at once!

I think for Pompey to survive getting religated would be the best thing for them. Easier to shift the over paid players allowing them to bring their expenditure into line with their income. A couple of seasons in L1 didnt do us or Leeds any harm and I am sure they would benefit too. Their biggest problem is going to be finding a buyer when they have little to no assets... Still, I wish them all the best.

I was getting a little annoyed at the Sky Sports News presenters when Reading were confirmed as promoted, they kept saying that Southampton couldnt catch them! Think they need to go back to school.