The Walking Dead (Season 3)

So far, I feel like Carl has done a complete 180 compared to last season. He's turning into a little badass. I like that. Gonna be a long wait until February, but it's cool. Gives me time to get caught up on Dexter lol.

So far, I feel like Carl has done a complete 180 compared to last season. He's turning into a little badass. I like that. Gonna be a long wait until February, but it's cool. Gives me time to get caught up on Dexter lol.

Dexter is almost over though!!

Dexter is almost over though!!

I know, but I haven't started watching this season yet. Been holding off to watch them all at once. This type of break (along with the season of Boardwalk Empire being over) gives me the time to get caught up. Then I can go back to watching Breaking Bad after Dexter. It's all part of the plan :)

I know, but I haven't started watching this season yet. Been holding off to watch them all at once. This type of break (along with the season of Boardwalk Empire being over) gives me the time to get caught up. Then I can go back to watching Breaking Bad after Dexter. It's all part of the plan :)

Ahh ok. yeah once Dexter is over, and homeland. Showtime is getting cancelled, I'll get it again when dexter comes back.

Who is the new group??

I'm assuming the big, buff black guy is going to be Rick's new "Shane." Wasn't that a character in the comics?

The

fight scene between Michonne and The Governor

is crap compared to how it happened in the comics. I suggest looking at that issue (30-ish). I understand they can't just put it on TV.

I only read issues 100-101, and definitely prefer the TV show, though I can see those who are faithful to the comic are disappointed. TV is different though, connecting with real human actors. I seriously would have stopped watching if Glenn got the comic treatment.

Oh my days, what a complete wind up :|

Is that good or bad? Same as cliffhanger?

I only read issues 100-101, and definitely prefer the TV show, though I can see those who are faithful to the comic are disappointed. TV is different though, connecting with real human actors. I seriously would have stopped watching if Glenn got the comic treatment.

No offense, but you really cannot make any judgement on the comic if you have only read issues 100-101. That would be the equivalent of judging the entire TV series only seeing 1 episode of Season 10, as that is about where issues 100-101 would be if they continue to loosely follow the same chronology of the comic book as they have done. Not only that, but issues 100 and subsequently 101 were not really the best as far as the comic was concerned. They were made to be "special" due to the importance of it being the 100th issue, but the writing, especially in Issue 100, was definitely not the best the comic has to offer. Not even close.

I myself like the comic and TV show equally from an entertainment standpoint. However with that said, the comic is vastly superior to the show in every single way. Simply put, everything is just much, much deeper. From the relationships, to the violence, to the overall message that the humans who are still alive fighting the Zombie Apocalypse are indeed The Walking Dead, everything just has a much deeper, richer meaning in the comic. However as I said, I do equally like the TV show. Even if it is the inferior medium between the two, it is still great. Just my opinion after all, but I really do believe you cannot pass any judgement on the comic if you indeed only read those 2 issues. Not only have you missed out on so many other story-lines besides what has been shown on the TV show, as I said, many fans of the comic tend to agree with me, especially Issue 100, it was definitely not the strongest of issues as far as the comic is concerned. Simply put, it was just way to overhyped.

As far as this mid-season finale, I hate mid-season finales. :laugh: Great episode, but damn, February seems so far away.

Is that good or bad? Same as cliffhanger?

No offense, but you really cannot make any judgement on the comic if you have only read issues 100-101. That would be the equivalent of judging the entire TV series only seeing 1 episode of Season 10, as that is about where issues 100-101 would be if they continue to loosely follow the same chronology of the comic book as they have done. Not only that, but issues 100 and subsequently 101 were not really the best as far as the comic was concerned. They were made to be "special" due to the importance of it being the 100th issue, but the writing, especially in Issue 100, was definitely not the best the comic has to offer. Not even close.

I myself like the comic and TV show equally from an entertainment standpoint. However with that said, the comic is vastly superior to the show in every single way. Simply put, everything is just much, much deeper. From the relationships, to the violence, to the overall message that the humans who are still alive fighting the Zombie Apocalypse are indeed The Walking Dead, everything just has a much deeper, richer meaning in the comic. However as I said, I do equally like the TV show. Even if it is the inferior medium between the two, it is still great. Just my opinion after all, but I really do believe you cannot pass any judgement on the comic if you indeed only read those 2 issues. Not only have you missed out on so many other story-lines besides what has been shown on the TV show, as I said, many fans of the comic tend to agree with me, especially Issue 100, it was definitely not the strongest of issues as far as the comic is concerned. Simply put, it was just way to overhyped.

As far as this mid-season finale, I hate mid-season finales. :laugh: Great episode, but damn, February seems so far away.

I'm with DirtyLarry on this one. Issue 100 is way overhyped. The best of the comics, imo, is their time in the prison and a little bit after (around 25(?) to 60). While I love the comics more, the TV adaptation is awesome on its own.

I'm really not passing judgment on the comic, more the storylines. I prefer the TV Show not following the comic as it would have resulted in one of my favorite characters, Glenn, and storylines Glenn & Maggie, ending in a not very pleasant fashion. I was responding to a comment about the Governor/Michonne fight not following the comic.

I mentioned I would like to see Glenn kill the Governor for touching Maggie and someone posted that I should see what he does in the comics. That's the only reason I read those two issues. And yea, I prefer what the TV show is doing with those two characters :)

I stopped reading the comic after issue 100, it was a cheap shock. I'm not normally affected by fictional violence but I was disgusted at what happened, especially the page that showed the corpse, there was no need to be so graphic.

I'm assuming the big, buff black guy is going to be Rick's new "Shane." Wasn't that a character in the comics?

I think Rick is going to be Tyreese's Shane. No I haven't read the comics.

Was it just me or did you really feel for the governor

when he was stabbed in the eye i was shocked i felt really sorry for him lol

After murdering the national guard soldiers, the rape play he did with maggie, letting merle beat the crap out of glenn................nope.

• Like 3

Absolutely. If you're going to have a massive break in the middle of a season, just tell the truth and call it two seasons.

Well its good and bad, good cus the episode was so good, but bad that they left us hanging like that! Need more NOOOOWW!!!!

That's what I thought, but hadn't heard the expression "complete wind up" before so I wasn't sure. :)

I think Rick is going to be Tyreese's Shane. No I haven't read the comics.

Nothing like that, Tyreese is completely different character. ( I read the comics )

when he was stabbed in the eye i was shocked i felt really sorry for him lol

Guess you've never read the comics then. He gets a whole lot worse than that done to him.

Wait, what? You read two books and you think you know about the comics?

Absolutely. If you're going to have a massive break in the middle of a season, just tell the truth and call it two seasons.

TV shows have ALWAYS taken a break over the holidays.

I've loved season 3 so far. I was inspired and picked up the comic book collections. I'm up to issue 67 now and it has been a fantastic journey.

I wish they hadn't gone in such a radical direction away from the comic book story line, but at the same time it does keep the show fresh and keep me on the edge of my seat not knowing what is going to happen next. In some cases, I think the show is better. I liked

Lori's death scene in the 3rd season of the TV series MUCH more than in the comic book series. I think it is interesting how they have decided to let the baby live.

On the other hand, I find the comic book story to be a lot deeper in to the psyche of these people who have to do whatever it takes to survive. Rick's own sanity slipping away is so much more of an issue in the comic book series than the TV series. But there is some really dark subject matter in the comic book series that they just wouldn't be able to do on AMC... especially their handling of how amoral and suicidal everyone becomes, even the young children.

Wait, what? You read two books and you think you know about the comics?

I think I know I prefer the TV Show to the comics because my favorite character dies in the comics. It really is as simple as that.