Facebook private message notification app for windows?

Question

Basically Im tired of facebook. More precisely Im tired of the crap most of my contacts post and I want to "detox" from facebook and stay away and only use it to contact my students and my professional contacts.

So, I was thinking, I could avoid facebook if I had an app that notifies me if I have new messages.

I tried the iphone facebook app, deselected all but the private messages notifications but the app still notifies me if someone liked a picture, or commented on a post, etc.

I know the thread title says "windows" if you have an ios recommendation for an app I will be much obliged.

Thanks in advance.

9 answers to this question

How about going to facebook and unsubscribing from everyone's updates except important ones from your closest friends? that's what I did with all my FB post happy friends.

How about going to facebook and unsubscribing from everyone's updates except important ones from your closest friends? that's what I did with all my FB post happy friends.

What if I have thousands of contacts? That would be a lot of work :/

Yeah, if you have big numbers that can be time consuming, I only have around 150 friends atm so I was able to do it with little trouble.

But this also notifies you of tags and mentions, isnt it?

I would like something as simple as possible, only message notifications.

Nevertheless, thanks.

You can turn tags/mentions notifications off in the Facebook settings ... Then you can use FB Messenger for Windows.