Judge orders man to jail for sagging pants

PRATTVILLE ? A Prattville man was given a three-day jail sentence Tuesday for contempt of court after his wardrobe didn?t pass judicial muster.

LaMarcus D. Ramsey, 20, was in Autauga County Circuit Court to enter a plea on a charge of receiving stolen property. Circuit Judge John Bush took exception to the fact that Ramsey?s blue jeans were sagging too low. The three-day stint will be served in the Autauga Metro jail.

?You are in contempt of court because you showed your butt in court,? a visibly irate Bush told Ramsey. ?You can spend three days in jail. When you get out you can buy pants that fit, or at least get a belt to hold up your pants so your underwear doesn?t show.? :laugh:

source

I read the headline and I instantly thought contempt of court, then clicked in, and sure enough. Moral of the story: don't annoy a judge, they generally already have short fuses and have they practically have the power to lock you up if they feel like it.

?You are in contempt of court because you showed your butt in court,? a visibly irate Bush told Ramsey. ?You can spend three days in jail. When you get out you can buy pants that fit, or at least get a belt to hold up your pants so your underwear doesn?t show.?

The judge sounds a little too eager to lock the guy up... I wonder if there's more to the story or if the judge was just feeling a little domineering. Either way, the guy should've known his success in court has a lot to do with how he presents himself, and clearly he put zero effort into that.

The judge sounds a little too eager to lock the guy up... I wonder if there's more to the story or if the judge was just feeling a little domineering. Either way, the guy should've known his success in court has a lot to do with how he presents himself, and clearly he put zero effort into that.

Maybe he hates guys that walk around with Pants 10 inches too big? :D