Photo

Crysis 3 surfaces on EA store

crysis ea crysis 3 crysis 3 crysis games computer computer games 1st person shooters origin ea

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 Amarok

Amarok

One. Three. FiVe.

• 1,773 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 22:10

origin is junk. it idles my cpu randomly. sometimes doesn't even open. in the game layout/layover is not very responsive, the browser is junk. the ui is ugly. the only good thing about origin is the download speeds (helps that the servers are in the same city as me...). only reason i use it cause of mass effect 3 (finished it) and now use it for bf3 cause i have no choice. not to mention the *******s at EA are making me NOT use steam.

Might want to try uninstalling Origin and reinstalling then. It should run about the same as Steam does. It's about the same as far as intrusiveness goes. I get better download speeds with Origin, but that's probably because the servers aren't as bogged down as Steam's are. During sales especially Steam can be really slow. Origin actually starts faster and is more responsive than Steam is for me, but I don't like it's interface. Also EA aren't making you not use Steam, Valve is making you not use Steam for Battlefield 3. That whole little spat there between Valve and EA about EA's games was due to Valve's weird patch/DLC rules, which they've thankfully changed now. It's not just EA that had an issue, Capcom had an issue as well where they released DLC and patches for some of their games and it took over a week (and almost a month in one case) for Steam to have the files up and ready after all the other services. With a game like Battlefield 3 it's pretty easy to understand why EA would want to avoid that kind of thing, it would be pretty devastating to fracture the community like that in a competitive game like BF3.

And before I get accused of being some sort of zealous EA fan or Steam hater, I'll point out that according to Steam I have 150~ games purchased though Steam, mostly stuff that I already had in other formats but that I got on sale as I wanted the convenience of having them on Steam. I have a grand total of 9 games on Origin, 5 of which I actually purchased through Steam.

#32 Emil Valsson

Emil Valsson

Neowinian

• 700 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 22:11

One positive thing I can say about EA and Origin is that they host their stuff on Akamai, something that Valve should consider. The download speeds from Origin is wayyyyy better than on Steam.

#33 Darrian

Darrian

The Apathetic

• 2,511 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 22:17

Origin has worse issues... wayyy worse....

What issues? I have no problems with it at all, and actually quite like it (when I can forget for a moment that it's made by EA). The only reason I'm adverse to Origin at all is because they now refuse to release their games on Steam in order to force you to use it, which means I have to use two different programs to download, install and play my games, and I find that irritating.

#34 rajputwarrior

rajputwarrior

olé olé olé olé

• 12,924 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 22:21

Might want to try uninstalling Origin and reinstalling then. It should run about the same as Steam does. It's about the same as far as intrusiveness goes. I get better download speeds with Origin, but that's probably because the servers aren't as bogged down as Steam's are. During sales especially Steam can be really slow. Origin actually starts faster and is more responsive than Steam is for me, but I don't like it's interface. Also EA aren't making you not use Steam, Valve is making you not use Steam for Battlefield 3. That whole little spat there between Valve and EA about EA's games was due to Valve's weird patch/DLC rules, which they've thankfully changed now. It's not just EA that had an issue, Capcom had an issue as well where they released DLC and patches for some of their games and it took over a week (and almost a month in one case) for Steam to have the files up and ready after all the other services. With a game like Battlefield 3 it's pretty easy to understand why EA would want to avoid that kind of thing, it would be pretty devastating to fracture the community like that in a competitive game like BF3.

it did it before my old HDD died and after i installed my new one. the EA/Valve argument i could care less about. all i care about is that EA is making me use it's stupid origin client when i don't want to.

#35 Amarok

Amarok

One. Three. FiVe.

• 1,773 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 22:25

it did it before my old HDD died and after i installed my new one. the EA/Valve argument i could care less about. all i care about is that EA is making me use it's stupid origin client when i don't want to.

I'll agree with you, it's kind of unfortunate that they do that. On the other hand though it doesn't really bother me because like I said Steam is the same way. Which doesn't make it better, I'm not saying that, but if Steam makes me run it to run most of the games that I buy through it, I can't really complain about Origin doing the same thing.

#36 rajputwarrior

rajputwarrior

olé olé olé olé

• 12,924 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 22:28

I'll agree with you, it's kind of unfortunate that they do that. On the other hand though it doesn't really bother me because like I said Steam is the same way. Which doesn't make it better, I'm not saying that, but if Steam makes me run it to run most of the games that I buy through it, I can't really complain about Origin doing the same thing.

each their own. im glad it works for you and others. but does not for me and i effin hate it. i just love having everything in one place organized, EA effed that up for me.

#37 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 22:30

I actually enjoyed the leaked pre-release of C2 better than the final, there was something magical about trying to get each level to load without crashing and having at least another level to play each time

#38 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:17

What issues? I have no problems with it at all, and actually quite like it (when I can forget for a moment that it's made by EA). The only reason I'm adverse to Origin at all is because they now refuse to release their games on Steam in order to force you to use it, which means I have to use two different programs to download, install and play my games, and I find that irritating.

The issues were enough for me to leave the partner program.

#39 Darrian

Darrian

The Apathetic

• 2,511 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 16:42

LOL you still haven't really described what these "issues" are.

#40 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,672 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 15 April 2012 - 19:39

LOL you still haven't really described what these "issues" are.

It has issues, big issues

We have top men working on it, top men.

;)

I suspect the issues are along the lines of "ea is evil, because I think so with no real reason"

#41 Singh400

Singh400

Neowinian Senior

• 5,839 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 20:13

Crysis 2 MP was amazingly fun but the sheer amount of hackers ruined it for me. Looking forward to this!

#42 Dreamspell

Dreamspell

Neowinian

• 254 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:27

Posted Image

Overgrown trees and bush in an urban environment, interesting.

#43 bogas04

bogas04

This title is bogus

• 2,744 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:34

Posted Image

In future we will become more eco friendly to prevent hazards to Mother Earth.

#44 sagum

sagum

Unicorn Doctor

• 1,817 posts
  • Phone: LG E900 & Lumia` 610/520/920

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:41

Feels like EA has flicked the switch on the re-hash machine. I don't expect much from Crysis3 after the let down of Crysis 2 on the PC.
From EA's past publishing examples, I just expect reworked ideas of existing content... more so, that it'll be more a map pack for online gamers then anything else...

I wish/hope I am wrong.

#45 OP Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:44

Posted Image

That is seriously awesome