Resident Evil 6' $1000 edition

bh6_d_02_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpeg

Special editions of games let you pay extra for everything from downloadable costumes to tiny Master Chief helmets, but Capcom is taking things a step further by letting you dress up like Resident Evil 6 star Leon Kennedy ? all for the low price of ?105,000 ($1,297). The newly unveiled "premium" edition is available for both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game, and comes with a quartet of character-themed tablet covers and, more importantly, Leon's leather jacket. And considering that a copy of the game with one tablet case will run you around $98, it's one expensive jacket. Unless you're in Japan, it may not matter anyway: it's not being advertised outside Capcom's local market at the moment. Resident Evil 6 will be coming out on October 2nd, and be sure to check out Polygon's preview from Captivate 2012 for a closer look at the game.

Well considering a a good leather jacket can be upwards of $2-3000, this may not be a bad deal.

That said, I can't imagine this leather jacket being very good/nice....

Well considering a a good leather jacket can be upwards of $2-3000, this may not be a bad deal.

Thing is I really doubt it will be a good quality one

Yea, NTY. I rarely spend the extra $20 on a collectors edition. Games are already $60 and for the most part, you play them a few times and they sit on the shelf. Not going to spent 1k+ for a jacket and game.

You can get a better jacket for $200 at a leather store.

Indeed. Even beyond that, if I'm going to drop $200 or more (or much more, in this case) on a new jacket, I really want to try it on first and feel the material for myself before I commit. I wonder how approachable Capcom would be about a refund if you ended up not liking it.

Square Enix actually did something like this a while ago - they had Adam Jensen's coat from Deus Ex: Human Revolution available on their store for roughly $130. At least that's somewhat less ridiculous than what Capcom is doing here.

That host is terrible. So f'n sarcastic. Anyway. Leather Jacket? Nah. Not worth it in my books.

RE4 and onwards were complete garbage, it'd put a big smile on my face if RE6 failed to sell much at all in any quantitiy.

That'd teach them to not release the proper resident evil 2/1.5 that all the fans have wanted for years.