Purchased a Used Android Phone

The phone might have a bad usb connector. You might want to return it now for another one.

Is there a way to fix it? I bought the phone used on Amazon from a third party seller from what was listed as a Cellular store and I am not sure if they will replace the phone.

Is it in any way possible to get service on my phone through Verizon via the web without needing to speak with someone over the phone? I don't see any way to order over the web and I can't register without a mobile number.

If I can't get service through Verizon is there any easy way to convert my Droid X to use Cricket? I mean, why isn't it as easy as flashing a rom/sbf to the phone that is Cricket ready?

I found this guide but it appears to be for an older version of Android, is out of date and has some broken links:

http://www.cricketusers.com/verizon-motorola-droid-x/5373-tutorial-flash-motorola-droid-x-cricket-2-2-froyo-talk-text-mms-internet.html

Not to mention one of the required software is commercial and expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I can flash it over to Cricket or get service with Page Plus which uses Verizon towers. I might have to return the phone as there is something wrong with the charging jack and there is a tiny bright white dot to the left of the center of the screen that is noticeable on light/white backgrounds.