Young looking man arrested for trying to buy beer

Braselton police arrested a 22-year-old man on charges of disorderly conduct after a store refused to sell him beer, according to Channel 2 Action News.

Jose Sanders said a medical condition with his pituitary gland affected his growth, causing him to appear younger. Because of that, Sanders told Channel 2 he is a constant victim of discrimination.

"I think it was my appearance more than behavior," Sanders told Channel 2.

He was buying beer at a Kroger store in Flowery Branch on March 26 when an employee asked for his identification.

"He looked at my license and he kind of looked kind of nervous to even say something about it," Sanders told Channel 2.

Police showed Channel 2 surveillance video from the store in which Sanders handed his license to a cashier, who then gets another employee to take a look.

Sanders said he did not tell employees about his medical condition because it was none of their business, and instead asked them to call police, according to Channel 2.

"I just said, ?You can call the police. I have no worry. My whole intention is to buy this beer,?? he said.

Braselton Assistant Police Chief Lou Solis told Channel 2 that witnesses told officers Sanders was using profanity.

"He was very upset because he does look young and he's trying to purchase alcohol," Solis said.

source

post-37120-0-05716400-1334237844.jpg

Did they have any reason to think that the ID was fake other than the picture and his face? The purpose of ID is invalid if someone can just say it's fake just because of the person's physical appearance. With a condition like his I would carry at least two strong ID's.

Although you shouldn't have to answer questions, is it really worth dragging the cops out because your unwilling to fully communicate?

I don't know why this person was surprised (and therefore, upset and causing a commotion) His condition is extremely rare, and kids younger than 21 try to buy alcohol all the time. You think he would have run into this problem before.

The store clerk was just doing his job. How is the clerk supposed to know this guy was telling the truth? This person didn't provide any evidence that he had a medical condition, other than his word. Which is 100% not enough to go on considering the punishments for selling alcohol to a minor.

If its true he's an idiot

"Sanders said he did not tell employees about his medical condition because it was none of their business, and instead asked them to call police, according to Channel 2."

None of their business, but wanted to make it a whole load more public by calling the cops, yea, ...

So he looks 12 and goes to a store to buy beer, presents an ID showing he is 22 and tells the cashiers he was not leaving without his beer. Hmm, wonder how much he had to drink before this situation, or there must be something else untold that caused the store to call the police and the police to arrest him.

No such thing as looking too young -- he should count himself lucky. :laugh:

My dad looked much younger then his age number. He would go to amusement parks where they have the guessing game and throw em off all the time... LOL. he looked 20 yrs younger!

(damn I miss him so much. this will be 2 years since he died on the 30th.... I'm sure his soul is in a much better place right now)

Can't tell if this guy is acting like a 12 year old (being such a big drama queen about it and asking the shop to call the police), or he is extremely distraught about his condition (possible counseling required). However, if it is the latter then he should become familiar with several shops and staff in them so he doesn't have to be put through this repeatedly. He has a condition where even common sense cannot treat him "fairly" at the end of the day.

he looks like 12, really. but I can imagine him being fed up with such situations. I myself had to show my ID on every party and every bar till they started remembering me. Luckily, I visit the same places all the time.

First of all it is up the store if they want to see you beer. Even if you are of age. to get ****ed about it is just....here it comes...childish.

i agree to some extent but imagine all the **** this guy must get from people? maybe he gets ripped on all the time and this finally just caused him to snap

i agree to some extent but imagine all the **** this guy must get from people? maybe he gets ripped on all the time and this finally just caused him to snap

Your right. Everyone has a breaking point. What would be funny if he was in front of the store asking strangers if they could buy him beer. "hey mister, I forgot my id. Here is some cash. mind buying me some beer?"