Time To Put On Your Tin Foil Hat!

Of course there are other things out there, I'm just not sure we'd classify them as 'life'. We humans have extremely short lives, for all we know even we might be part of a bigger lifeform. Everything is relative. But I'm fine not knowing (yet), but hell I'd love to be absolutely immortal (and forever young) so I could eventually know everything. Oh well, still have quite a few years left to achieve that goal.

How so? Please explain to me how we came into being? I don't know and no other human being does as well. The logical answer is that we don't. I firmly beleive that there is something else that is "there". God, Jesus or whatever you believe. Ultimately I beleive in a peace that we all should strive toward. Love is the everything that everyone should strive for. Just putting up a few points.

So because you can't cope with a complicated and extensive (but completely accepted and proven) theory you decide to pull the "I don't know, hence God"-card? How very lame.

By the way, the ultimate peace and love everyone should strive for doesn't have to have anything to do with religion. I strive to be the best possible person I can in every way, and I think realizing the value of life (since there is no heaven or afterlife, nothing is as valuable as conscious life in my opinion) helps me to want to help people, love people and be a good person.

(that doesn't mean I'm pro-life, abortion is perfectly fine by me, we're having too many babies anyway, and as long as life isn't really conscious I'm fine with it - up to birth if it's necessary)

How so? Please explain to me how we came into being? I don't know and no other human being does as well.

The Universe came into being, by the actions of All-That-Is, and is continually recreated in each moment.

We are all the imaginings of 'God'. ;)

the religious folk will always say we are alone.

I'm fairly "religious" and even I know that the Bible/Torah/Qur'an says nothing either way about it, yet logic dictates that there has to be other life out there, even from a creationist viewpoint, and those that argue otherwise are being purposely ignorant or contrarian

We haven't found anything up to now, even on Mars, which is very similar to Earth, so I'd say it's unlikely there's any life except on Earth. Time will tell, but I've seen no definitive explanation of how life began. So how can its chance of occurring elsewhere even be estimated?

Absolutely zero reason to believe that just because we haven't yet found life on Mars that it's not capable of existing outside of Earth or that Earth is unique. Mars is the only planet that we have had even a remote look for life and even then it's been a very extremely limited search on that planet. We know the components of life and even life itself can survive the harshness of space. We know other planets exist within the Goldilocks zone all over the galaxy and presumably the universe. So again, other then we haven't found it yet, there isn't a single reason to believe that life is limited to just our planet.

Also life as we know it is only limited to what currently resides on our planet. For all we know life could exist in ways we couldn't imagine and might not even recognize.

I myself believe in God. How else do you explain the universe? The "Big Bang" as a theory is all good and well but if you broaden your thought process, it's not logical. At the same time I can see a spectical's reasoning. I say believe what you will and end the arguement of what if this and then what if that. My 2 cents.

How so? Please explain to me how we came into being? I don't know and no other human being does as well. The logical answer is that we don't. I firmly beleive that there is something else that is "there". God, Jesus or whatever you believe. Ultimately I beleive in a peace that we all should strive toward. Love is the everything that everyone should strive for. Just putting up a few points.

No actually it is logical. Just because we don't currently have the answers doesn't make it illogical and therefor by default god becomes the logical conclusion. Not knowing the direct answer doesn't equate to mean a god exist and therefore god created us. That in itself is illogical in thinking. Also the existence of the universe and the existence of life are not one in the same.

lRvSH.jpg