posts made in quick succession in a thread no longer merge

it used to be if you made a couple posts within a couple minutes of eachother and no one else has posted, your new post would auto combine with the post above it

for some reason this has stopped happening

here's an example of what I'm talking about http://www.neowin.ne...#entry594798341 my two posts right next to eachother where posted within 30 sec of each other but didn't combine like they used to

I'm not certain about this, but I think that still works within a thread. But separate threads are often double-posted, we end up merging those a lot or removing one of them that doesn't have replies.

I just confirmed that it doesn't work. Are you certain that this feature was working before? Being a member of staff here, I've had to delete a lot of double posts. I don't recall a feature like this at all. It would've made my job a little easier but it's possible that it was enabled for a short time. I'll ask the admins about it.

We (mods and above) can merge threads when we have double threads about the same subject. A poster has a limited time that posts can be edited. I can't remember ithe time period....... I do not know if that also means that posts can be combined.

Is this regarding double posts... or ...different posts that are made in quick succession?

yes, posts made in quick succession, I'll update the title just to clarify

and I'm not sure when it stopped working as I just noticed it doesn't do it anymore recently

This feature definately used to work. Now it does not.

There's also another related post about this, sorry I don't recall the thread name. (Maybe it was merged? No pun intended.)

I just confirmed with an admin that the feature has been turned off for the time being. I don't know when or if it'll be turned on again.

It was turned off because it adds a number of queries to a post when replying, we're trying to speed everything up and for the minimal amount of times it is used, we can do without it (even if it isn't a post merge response, it still checks if it, is or isn't adding queries).