If you had time machine..

would you rather go back in time to when the earth was not fully explored yet, or forward in time to when humans are exploring space?

I'd go back to just after the last Ice Age. I'd love to see what my area (Great Lakes Region) looked like.

Go to the future. You may be able to change the past, but you don't know how any of your actions would change the future, and I'm already comfortable with the outcome of my actions thus far in life. The future holds everything, mystery and wonder.

easy answer.if h had one i will try to go back to time just to test it and the i will die in the vacuum of space as i will miss the earth orbit.(except if the machine take the earth as the center of the universe and a static object then i would make a trip to the past and i will try to warn the governments to the upcoming alien attack)

• Like 2

If it worked just the way I wanted it to, I'd just go back to the 90s and early 2000s to try and change who I used to be and attempt to keep some friends that have since faded. I think about it every day. If I could relive my school days, I would. Over and over...

Edit: but for more fun / destructive things, I always wanted to live in the 80s for a little while, bring a world history book into the past, bring a boombox to the 1800s, bring a Nintendo Wii to the 90s and show the kids all of the mario and sonic games / Brawl, etc... Oh, and donate my PC to some tech company so that when I went back to the future, the tech would be more advanced than what it is now.

would love to change a very minor thing about my mentality few years back , would do big desirable change tho.(regretting the time waste)

If you go to the past to alter something then you are eliminating the need, in the present, to alter the past, thus a paradox.

• Like 1

If it worked just the way I wanted it to, I'd just go back to the 90s and early 2000s to try and change who I used to be and attempt to keep some friends that have since faded. I think about it every day. If I could relive my school days, I would. Over and over...

Edit: but for more fun / destructive things, I always wanted to live in the 80s for a little while, bring a world history book into the past, bring a boombox to the 1800s, bring a Nintendo Wii to the 90s and show the kids all of the mario and sonic games / Brawl, etc... Oh, and donate my PC to some tech company so that when I went back to the future, the tech would be more advanced than what it is now.

I think people don't think about the past as something dreadful... in the 1800's, toilet paper wasn't officially sold to the masses until 1857... before that, you were wiping your ass with whatever you could find, and then throwing your stool water out the window onto the alley/streetway. It was a disgusting era before we learned about germs and hygiene. While it would be interesting to pull a fast one on the people of before, you would quickly grow tired of the nasty food, disgusting scene, and probably the intelligence and mannerisms of the locals :p

I think people don't think about the past as something dreadful... in the 1800's, toilet paper wasn't officially sold to the masses until 1857... before that, you were wiping your ass with whatever you could find, and then throwing your stool water out the window onto the alley/streetway. It was a disgusting era before we learned about germs and hygiene. While it would be interesting to pull a fast one on the people of before, you would quickly grow tired of the nasty food, disgusting scene, and probably the intelligence and mannerisms of the locals :p

Haha, no kidding. I only wanted to stay in the 1980's for a little while, but just randomly show up in the 1800s with a boombox to see their expressions. I'd probably be executed as a witch, lol.

Haha, no kidding. I only wanted to stay in the 1980's for a little while, but just randomly show up in the 1800s with a boombox to see their expressions. I'd probably be executed as a witch, lol.

LOL, I also totally misinterpreted the time you were aiming for. Check me off the list for Co-Pilot of Time Machine.

I would

Before 1857, when "Gayetty's Medicated Paper" was marketed, the common thing people would use was actually paper -- just not paper specifically commercialized for toiletry. People would use old newspapers, and often carry the papers with them whenever they went out in case they were needed. That's where the habit of bringing a newspaper into the bathroom came from. Where there was no plumbing and you lived in a big city, yea you would directly dump it into the sewer, instead of the pipes carrying it into the sewer for you. People who didn't live in the city would have more discreet ways of disposing of it of course. Wealthier people would have been able to buy bidets, and use washcloths.

A lot of cities had problems though because their sewers were old and needed to be modernized.

The movement for sanitation also came before germ theory was completely accepted by science. Homeopathic doctors believed in the importance of cleanliness, they argued that disease was the result of "miasma", suggesting that people were more likely to be ill if they lived in ill environments and more likely to be "clean" physically if they lived in clean environments. They introduced a lot of anti-septic treatments into medicine and fought for better sanitation in hospitals and cities.