New Gmail Look rolls out...complaints sky rocket

Gmail old look is going away and the new look will be permanent. No more reverting back to the old look. Half the users hate the new look. Twitter, Facebook and forums are filling up with users demanding the old look back again. Googles own video had 54,818 dislikes about half red.

youtube.com/watch?v=vfW5e6jVsMs

The upgrade is more of a downgrade. They added frames, removed text from the icons, added auto-collapsing labels and removed all the old themes.

Why in god's name are they doing this?

I think it is simple: If you do not like the look, then do as I have been doing for years, access via pop3/IMAP, you do not have to see the GUI this way. Problem solved in my book...

For the sake of a unified look all throughout the Google platform? I'm glad they're taking steps to have a universal UI throughout all of their products. I don't miss the themes at all.

For the sake of a unified look all throughout the Google platform? I'm glad they're taking steps to have a universal UI throughout all of their products. I don't miss the themes at all.

Unified look is like one size fits....it doesn't work.

I don't understand why anybody is against the new look. It's clean and has so much customization compared to the old one.

What is it that you don't like?? It still has the themes...

• Like 1

WRT the buttons, you can change them to have text on them again in the Settings. I did this since I could never figure out which one was Labels and which was Move To. Wish I could've kept the others as labels, but w/e...

On the whole, I am personally very supportive of the changes...

I don't understand why anybody is against the new look. It's clean and has so much customization compared to the old one.

What is it that you don't like?? It still has the themes...

Yea I like the new look better. I still don't understand why they don't allow custom themes, and why Windows Live doesn't either

Don't people always hate the new look...

Digg, Google News, Facebook, Windows Vista, Windows 8 etc.

You're never going to please everyone, because we're all unique.

Personally I like it, however I don't really use gmail.

Gmail old look is going away and the new look will be permanent. No more reverting back to the old look. Half the users hate the new look. Twitter, Facebook and forums are filling up with users demanding the old look back again. Googles own video had 54,818 dislikes about half red.

The upgrade is more of a downgrade. They added frames, removed text from the icons, added auto-collapsing labels and removed all the old themes.

You are not being serious are you? There is nothing wrong with the new look. I like it much better than the old look. The new design is great. Something is seriously wrong with those 54,818 people.

Thats why its better to switch to new look once it came out. Plenty of time to get used to it, since it was obvious that it wasnt going to change back, and now there is no need to bitch. In short..a welcome move :)

• Like 1

It's unfortunate that so many people are resistant to change. I didn't hate the old look but once the preview for the new look was made available, I decided to try it out. Immediately, I thought it was much better than the old look. It's cleaner, more aesthetically pleasing, and it fit in well with the user interface of Google Search and Google+. Actually, just read this. It does a better job at explaining why the UI is good than me.

I think it is simple: If you do not like the look, then do as I have been doing for years, access via pop3/IMAP, you do not have to see the GUI this way. Problem solved in my book...

+1. Why the wigging out folks? Heck, there are plenty of free email clients that are much better than checking your mail on a web browser. I've also been doing this for years.

I don't get it... I've been using this for several months?

i've been using it for a long while. i really like it.

Me too. I can get rid of all the crap I don't want showing up. All in all the design is very clutter free. Wish I could say the same about youtubes newish design.

Seriously?? the new look is lot better... there are some who dont like change and better looking design..

Half the users hate it??? most who replied here liked it...