32 replies to this topic

#16 OP Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

Posted 20 April 2012 - 14:29

Does ICS overlay those buttons over image and other controls? :|

Nope.
Of course not.

In Nexus, they appear as three dots, and minimize themselves, in apps like those. Not sure about that TouchWiz though

#17 +AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 20 April 2012 - 14:58

One thing I noticed in the video that doesn't line up is the fact that it said it had a Mali 400 GPU. I don't know if this is cause for reason to call it fake, or if the sys info app just doesn't know the newer chip it has, or if it really does have a Mali 400 GPU. If it does, that would be a major disappointment and that alone would cause me not to buy it. I'm really hoping that's not the case.

#18 still1

still1

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 April 2012 - 15:07

Except Nexus looks much, much better

Its in a dummy plastic case what do you expect?

http://www.androidce...stic-dummy-case

I was expecting more. :/

I am running ICS on my SkyRocket and its OK. I miss my iPhone 4S in the ways of music ( i know most hate iTunes, I liked it).

Don't get me wrong, I much rather carry my SkyRocket than 4S but... I was hoping more in the S3.

Its a leak not the actual product release... We dont know if this real or not!!
The leaks has been happening for few months now so dont judge untill the official product is released.

#19 ThePitt

ThePitt

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 April 2012 - 16:53

Most overhyped Samsung product launch ever. It's just a phone.

exactly. btw the processing power of this "smart" phones are equivalent to a +10 years old intel. Nothing but s*it

Posted Image

#20 Open Minded

Open Minded

Balance

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 20 April 2012 - 16:57

My contract was up a few days ago... I hate this waiting crap. I'm going to get that on launch day.

#21 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 April 2012 - 17:14

exactly. btw the processing power of this "smart" phones are equivalent to a +10 years old intel. Nothing but s*it

Posted Image

Probably... but you're comparing desktop/laptop processors to smartphone processors...which is ridiculous. A desktop processor in a smartphone would be overkill.

#22 ThePitt

ThePitt

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 April 2012 - 17:29

Probably... but you're comparing desktop/laptop processors to smartphone processors...which is ridiculous. A desktop processor in a smartphone would be overkill.

ok, but a s2 has a dualcore processor, and this one might have a quadcore, what are they trying to do?. Fool the ppl with the cores and speed or what?. Im really disappointed of ARM right now.

#23 Open Minded

Open Minded

Balance

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 20 April 2012 - 17:35

ok, but a s2 has a dualcore processor, and this one might have a quadcore, what are they trying to do?. Fool the ppl with the cores and speed or what?. Im really disappointed of ARM right now.

So Intel and AMD are fooling us with cores and speed? I don't call better performance a problem, esp keeping the same or lower TDP.

#24 SirEvan

SirEvan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC One (AT&T)

Posted 20 April 2012 - 17:38

Most overhyped apple product launch ever. It's just a phone tablet.

See what I did there? samsungs not the only one doing it.

#25 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 20 April 2012 - 18:34

See what I did there? samsungs not the only one doing it.

It is a big phone - I had the exact same feeling before I upgraded to my Galaxy Nexus. I was using a Droid Incredible - 3.7" screen, so I was scared to upgrade to a phone with a big display. My ideal phone would be 4.0" (4.3" MAX) edge to edge display with a 1280x720 resolution, and have capacitive buttons for home/menu/back/search. One can only dream...

#26 still1

still1

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 April 2012 - 20:36

what the hell are you talking about?? you are making youself look like fool here..

Using an intel desktop processor on smartphone will kill your battery in an hour of charge or you have to carry a brick like phone...
thats why intel is now coming up with medfield processor witch consumes less power and smaller...

So people buying quad core computer are getting fooled by the intel?? they buy it to play games or do processor intense tasks. Its the same with mobile phones.

#27 OP Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:40

Samsung Galaxy S III listing appears on Amazon Germany: 4.7-inch screen, 12-megapixel camera

We know that Samsung considers its lockdown around the upcoming Galaxy S III the tightest in the company's history, but it may have just sprung a leak — thanks toAmazon Germany. BestBoyZ noticed that a listing for the device appeared on Amazon's site, listing a 4.7-inch Super AMOLED screen, 12-megapixel camera, and Ice Cream Sandwich. That said, there are some questions raised by these specs. The phone's storage is listed as 16GB, "expandable up to 32GB," which would seem to be an arbitrary limitation if a microSD slot is included. Then again, only partial information is provided, and it could be simply indicating that a 32GB variant will be available. We were also expecting a smaller screen with Super AMOLED Plus, but have no firm details on that either way. We're expecting to hear some sort of news about the Galaxy line on May 3rd in London. If that event will see the introduction of the Galaxy S III — and if its specs match what we're seeing here — still remains to be seen.

#28 Oz.

Oz.

Neowinian

Posted 21 April 2012 - 14:50

In this pics S3 look pretty official :D

Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 still1

still1

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 April 2012 - 14:55

In this pics S3 look pretty official :D

It is a fake picture that was released months ago.. They use that picture on this product? this picture might be the official one but we will never know until release.

#30 OP Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

Posted 25 April 2012 - 14:37

Another Galaxy S III prototype spotted in protective casing

Posted Image
While we've already gotten glimpses of supposed Samsung Galaxy S III prototypes, this latest one has popped up in a (since removed) post on Chinese forum Mobile01. The plastic rim meant to obscure the device's sleek new design is still present, but as noted by The Verge, the picture appears to show a larger menu button than we're used to on stock ICS. We should find out what the deal is in just a few days, we'll keep our apps and countdown clocks close by until then.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!