Do you spend more on Fuel than food?

Fuel vs Food  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Do you spend more on fuel than food (in an average Month)

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I ride a bicycle.
    • I walk.
    • I starve.
    • I do not purchase my food.

I spend about 140 a month (includes mowing) on Gas...no idea how much I spend on food but it's way more (prob triple) than that for a family of 4

Well that explains why I'm fat. So many people spending around 100 bucks a month on food, I usually spend 300-400 a month on food. Usually only around 100 on gas.

If by fuel you mean hookers, then then my answer is yes.

Also I spend about 350-400 a month on gas and about 400 every 2 weeks on food (for myself)

Why so much on food, gym/exercise I eat horses.

Definitely more on food.

I spend no more than $50-60/month on gas. I drive a 2007 Civic sedan, summer consumption is 5.9L to 6.3L/100km and I drive around 700km per month.

I spend about ?300-350 on petrol a month, but run a restaurant so my food bills are quite low!

However I can't be bothered to cook all the time so if we eat out, we can blow ?60-70 quite easily on food.

australia they call it mackers?

Maccas

I spend around $50-100 a month depending on how often I drive. yes that's right it's nice to live out in a small town rather than a busy city. I spend about $400 a month on food.

• 2 weeks later...

I spend $100 on gas a week.

and $0 on food.

Are you a plant that lives off sunshine and carbon dioxide or something? Or do you grow / hunt your own?

I spend more on fuel; anywhere from $350 to $450 a month, and about $160 to $200 on food per month, and another $100 on bridge tolls. I get a steady 26 mpg in the car, but with a 90 mile per day commute it goes really fast. Not to mention I also have to use 93 octane. I try to offset that by riding my bike in when I can, when the weather is good. Hoping to buy a more fuel efficient car at the end of this year.

Are we taking international opinions here?

Switzerland - we spend 750CHF on food a month (that's the budget, includes restaurants and whatnot) and about 60CHF per month fuel.

Fuel is cheap here - food really isn't.

Are you a plant that lives off sunshine and carbon dioxide or something? Or do you grow / hunt your own?

My mom makes my food. And I'm proud of that fact.