Dual WAN Router setup

network dual wan router switch gigabit

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Ravensky

Ravensky

Neowinian

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:31

Get a Fortinet, router, 2 of their wireless WAN boxes and set them up however you wish. You can setup the Fortinet to load balance / failover your two ISP's on virtual lan ports off the router and you are golden! I have this exact setup at work and it's a beautiful thing.

#17 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:41

has anyone here tried PFSense??

#18 OP hyde+

hyde+

High Definition

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:31

Hi everyone, moving took forever, getting our first ISP, and then finally TWC installing our cable connection and we ordered ZyWall USG50 which is expected to arrive tomorrow. I will try setting it up tomorrow and report back. Thanks for all the suggestions.

PS: Broadview Networks service in New York City is terrible, avoid them if you can. Really not worth the cost they are charging.

#19 OP hyde+

hyde+

High Definition

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:24

I find the USG one of the easiest devices to setup + the documentation is good.
I'm not quite sure where the reviewers have a problem
But then I have setup a few....

We bought USG50 and it is working very well, solid, not a lot of drops, and combines bandwith down (up, not so much, but it may be due to policies).
The only problem with USG50 is the VPN, it is very painful to setup VPN on this device, unless you pay for VPN client, even then it is still difficult.
Also firewall is extremely advenced with no way to make it "easy" but I guess it is a good thing for those who want complete control over their rules and setup.