Firefox 12 Final

Should be available via updates, or at least on the Firefox page sometime soon.

|MG| Mozilla Firefox 12.0 Final Download

It is also available on mozilla ftp server

Mozilla Firefox 12 Final

Release note for Firefox 12:

Windows: Firefox is now easier to update with one less prompt (User Account Control)

Page Source now has line numbers

Line breaks are now supported in the title attribute

Improvements to "Find in Page" to center search result

URLs pasted into the download manager window are now automatically downloaded

The column-fill CSS property has been implemented

Support for the text-align-last CSS property has been added

Experimental support for ECMAScript 6 Map and Set objects has been implemented

OS X: WebGL performance may be degraded on some hardware

Unless Mozilla manages one hell of an about face next version, Firefox is going to find itself in the Recycle Bin. In my experience, this once great browser is finding itself in a hack of a fall from grace on the Windows platform.

I'm kinda hoping Mozilla pulls a Microsoft and can recognize that it might be time to rebuild the browser from scratch, just like Microsoft did with IE9 for Windows 7.

• Like 7

Unless Mozilla manages one hell of an about face next version, Firefox is going to find itself in the Recycle Bin. In my experience, this once great browser is finding itself in a hack of a fall from grace on the Windows platform.

I'm kinda hoping Mozilla pulls a Microsoft and can recognize that it might be time to rebuild the browser from scratch, just like Microsoft did with IE9 for Windows 7.

There are many things in the pipline, IonMonkey which should give some boost to JS performance. Not that JS performance matters any more since it is already fast, but this engine is also more memory efficient.

Incremental GC and Generational GC

Super Snappy which should brings most of the benifits of e10s ( Process per Tab ) without a Total Rewrite. ( It is still a huge project though )

A new backend for Graphics Accleration

If chrome had extension and interface modification capability that was on par with Firefox, I'd switch to that in a heartbeat. But Firefox sacrificed something for its vast array of features and that was performance. I don't mind one bit.

There are many things in the pipline, IonMonkey which should give some boost to JS performance. Not that JS performance matters any more since it is already fast, but this engine is also more memory efficient.

Incremental GC and Generational GC

Super Snappy which should brings most of the benifits of e10s ( Process per Tab ) without a Total Rewrite. ( It is still a huge project though )

A new backend for Graphics Accleration

Looks like all of them will land around Firefox 9000 I heard...

I switched to the ESR release. I got sick of it breaking everything every six weeks, so I'm 10.0.3ESR. Does what I need it to do (vaguely) when I need it do it.

They should just rename it to firefox 4.012

This way they have 999 versions before they finally decide to move to real Firefox 5.

Hey, relax. It could be worse. They still haven't updated Firefox with their new skin which would look as out of place on Windows as a Nazi celebrating a Bar Mitzvah.

Updated... might've fixed my intermitten freezing issue I had on 11.. drove me to Chrome it was so bad.

Do let me know if this is the case. Also stopped me from using FF11 (and Waterfox 11).

If chrome had extension and interface modification capability that was on par with Firefox, I'd switch to that in a heartbeat. But Firefox sacrificed something for its vast array of features and that was performance. I don't mind one bit.

It does have a fantastic addon / extension system which is growing quickly. 90% of the addons you want on Fireworks will have a Chrome equivalent. :)

It does have a fantastic addon / extension system which is growing quickly. 90% of the addons you want on Fireworks will have a Chrome equivalent. :)

I have been wanting to switch but there's one or two addons i can't live without.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/save-image-in-folder/

and

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/image-search-options/?src=search

Waiting for Waterfox to update.

And waiting and waiting, etc....................

Personally,

I think Firefox has finally actually been improving, which wasn't a hard thing to do, in the last couple releases although I only use it in Linux as it blows major chunks in Windows and I WON'T use it there! That's where Palemoon and Waterfox come in.

Not to mention that Chrome doesn't seem to slow down as much per addon that you install as Firefox.

10 Addons on firefox will make a notable difference, 10 addons on Chrome doesn't. Of course, this likely depends on the addons, but that's what I've noticed from personal use.

How about having a bookmark menu instead of a bar or having to click the wrench?

There is one extension but it looks awful. In firefox i have bookmarks menu docked in the tab bar next to my tabs, one click gives me access to all my bookmarks in a dropdown.

Unless Mozilla manages one hell of an about face next version, Firefox is going to find itself in the Recycle Bin. In my experience, this once great browser is finding itself in a hack of a fall from grace on the Windows platform. I'm kinda hoping Mozilla pulls a Microsoft and can recognize that it might be time to rebuild the browser from scratch, just like Microsoft did with IE9 for Windows 7.

What?

Firefox kick ass, it's a lot much better than ever before, what is wrong with you people?

Autocorrect phail :p