Got the mobile number, but no country code

Heya guys,

tonight I chatted a little bit with someone, who got interested in my translation business and the person is probably in the US or somewhere around there.

i fell asleep so I couldn't ask where they were from, but I got the mobile number.

("ipod numer" lol -> guess it's iMessage then + iPhone)

Any help how to add the crucial country code?

Thanks in advance,

Glassed Silver:ios

US is +1 You can look up dialling instructions for all Countries using http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/dialing.html

What is the number including spaces as it was given to you (replace last 3 digits with X) any case anyone here recognises it as a common pattern and can tell you which country for sure.

The person should have given you the number in an international format really.

Well, if it's US you usually add +1, and remove the first number from their main number.

Like I'm from the UK and our country code is +44, and my mobile number starts with 075. But if someone outside of the UK wants to call me, they'd start to dial +4475...

04X Is Australia, so +614X

Well not helpful without giving a full pattern.

Australian Mobiles for example is usually presented as 04XX XXX XXX or sometimes 04XX XX XX XX (10 digits)

Well, mentioning US was just an example, it was given to me with dashes, so I'll post the pattern in a sec.

I know how country codes work guys, thanks though for spreading all that info, seems Neowin cares for my issue! :D

Great to see you're on to helping me! *hug*

Glassed Silver:ios

First three digits + pattern:

631-xxx-xxxx

Glassed Silver:mac

The area code 631 is used in the state of New York in eastern Long Island exclusively for Suffolk County.

Suffolk had shared the 516 area code with its western neighbor Nassau County until November 1, 1999. NANPA planners then decided the 516 area code would be limited to Nassau County, giving Suffolk its own and new area code 631.

Edit: Damn, didn't get it off fast enough. Looks like a US phone number pattern to me.