51 replies to this topic

#31 ArialBlue

ArialBlue

var lulz;

• 1,768 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 00:58

Try Strangelove Capture the Flag.

For those who do not know,
You ride redeemer rockets till (1) you jump off (2) fuel runs out (3) someone shoots you down (4) you fly into a wall and explode (5) you fly into someone else's rocket.

#32 metro2012

metro2012

Neowinian

• 458 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 21:14

my opinion is that quake 3 arena was way better

#33 Thrackerzod

Thrackerzod

Neowinian Senior

• 2,906 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 23:50

I still enjoy it. The great thing is that the community is still actively supporting UT99 and the original Unreal with updates (with the blessing of Epic Games), adding support for modern graphics and audio technology and other improvements. http://www.oldunreal...title=Main_Page

#34 Synthetic

Synthetic

The one The only

• 1,430 posts
  • Phone: Samsung ATIV S Neo

Posted 19 July 2012 - 00:18

Try Strangelove Capture the Flag.

For those who do not know,
You ride redeemer rockets till (1) you jump off (2) fuel runs out (3) someone shoots you down (4) you fly into a wall and explode (5) you fly into someone else's rocket.

I still play it to this day! :D

#35 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• 5,369 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 21 July 2012 - 22:51

Ah UT original, the best UT game they released.
Used to love the MH servers, there was one with a lot of custom mods including the strangelove mod but it was pretty different, you were actually on a rocket ship, could fire bullets, missles, arm/unarm a nuke, jump off, speed up and slow down, etc. which was really good fun!
Too bad there's not all that many servers these days.

#36 Jakeyyy

Jakeyyy

Neowinian

• 7 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:44

I still have UT99 GOTY installed, I play it from time to time. It's one of them games where I don't think I'll ever get bored of it :D

#37 2xSilverKnight

2xSilverKnight

Neowinian Master

• 2,087 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 00:40

Because of you guys, I just downloaded a fresh copy from the net .. I lost my original.

Played a few minutes, it felt great lol :laugh:

#38 TTGSteve

TTGSteve

Neowinian

• 47 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:49

I absolutely loved this game. I played it on both the Dreamcast and the PC.

#39 FightAndLive

FightAndLive

Neowinian

• 341 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:45

Everyone at the old studio I worked at, we were using Unreal 3 and when we were ****ed off at something we would all play UDK(UT3). I personally never liked Unreal enough to actually go out and buy it, but its actually pretty fun to play as a free game that comes with your development tools.

#40 Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Neowinian Senior

• 6,323 posts
  • OS: Win 8.1 Pro, iOS7, OSX 10.7, Ubuntu/WinXP system Died the Good Death

Posted 28 September 2012 - 17:39

Reading this thread has got me to reinstall UT3, have not played it in a while

#41 DDStriker

DDStriker

Neowinian Senior

• 1,969 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 00:56

I found UT3 to be a massive disappointment. UT99 is still great fun to play though.

Why? I used to play UT99 heavily then i went to UT3 and honestly it feels like the same game just with better graphics albeit they took some guns out (like the green disk spinning thing with the beam i missed that)
but hell afaik you can lower the settings on ut3 and it will practically look like UT99 to some degree :p

Hmm i wonder if UT3 has that volcano CTF map that was fun

#42 chicken-

chicken-

Resident One Post Wonder

• 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 15:27

Hey guys, I randomly came across this thread while googling for something UT related. Thought I'd register an account and let you know that UT99 is still alive and well, just not so much with public servers.

Most players are on IRC (Internet Relay Chat), we have several "Pickup Game" channels for CTF, TDM, Instagib CTF, Sniper Arena CTF, Domination, pretty much all the favorites. There's an irc bot you use commands such as !join and !leave and then once enough players join, captains are selected, they pick teams/server and you go play (teamspeak 3 required in most chans)

Our main website is www.ProUnreal.org and the IRC is irc.globalgamers.net (or irc.utchat.com), if you aren't familiar with mIRC, you can use the webchat to get started: http://webchat.globa.../?channels=mlut
Alternatively you could also join it through the Chat section in the game itself, it'll connect to our IRC by default.

The channels: #MLUT (Normal Weapons CTF) #TDMPickups (Normal Weapons TDM), #iPug (All InstaGib/Sniper Arena Dom/Others)

Now is a very good time to get back into it because a very talented Coder TimTim has taken the idea of "NewNet" from UT2k4 and gone way beyond it for Ut99. You've probably heard of ZeroPing...the buggy crappy client-side hitscan mod...well this is that, but 1000x better. It fixes ALL guns to be based on 15 ping, lag free movement/dodging, translocator, EVERYTHING. You can have 200 ping and play basically like it's a LAN server. It's still in beta but it's getting better and better each release. You can read about the changes and planned changes here: http://www.prounreal...pic.php?t=81016

Feel free to message me on IRC (I'll be [51]chicken-) if you have any questions, we also have a download available for those who need the game all setup with the newest fixes/renderers so no need to go googling and finding patches and fixes for everything.

#43 Big b0b

Big b0b

Neowinian

• 170 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 15:33

Damn, I think I'm going to fire up the gaming rig tonight and go steam- unreal tournament 3. It has been forever.

#44 .jCliff

.jCliff

Neowinian

• 72 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 16:29

Hands down one of the most enjoyable games i've been glued to, impossible to just have a "few" games.

(edit - just realised the date on the thread, nothing to see here! :rofl:)

#45 Ash

Ash

Neowinian Fanatic

• 2,092 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 16:39

Well since this thread was resurrected, I'll point out that steam has the Unreal Deal pack for 10$ (Down from 39.99$) http://store.steampowered.com/sub/683/

Edit : Offer is gonna end May 27, 2013