Android Vs iOS The Truth about Apple and Google's OS

Cloud print is a Joke compared to Air print. Believe me I have tried both. When I talk about music management I taking about the whole ecosystem. I use foobar to manage my music. Iphone just works better with my car the android does.

i use cloud print all the time and i love it.

https://www.computer...nlocked_iPhones

http://gizmodo.com/3...at-does-it-mean

I'm talking about core apps like youtube and the webbrowser. Android always has the back, home, and app list on the bottom as part of the OS. It's that consistency that makes all the difference. Then you have the lack of functionality in iOS' apps as shown in the videos.

not on their tablet apps they don't ;) and the google play store is a complete mess compared to their other apps.

I wouldn't wish iTunes on my worst enemy. It also doesn't even run on my OS (GNU/Linux). I prefer to keep my music collection in a DRM-less format thanks.

all my music on my iphone has no DRM on it ;) and my deck in my car works flawlessly with my phone. and to be fair, itunes on osx is brilliant.

and those links you showed were proven to be false. and those are unlocked phones, not jailbroken. you have to mess with a lot of system files that can screw up updates. that's why it was bricking and also, those links are 5 years old.

Light years? Sure they have a few trivial features that iOS doesn't have, but how much does that really matter? Personally, I think not much. Android still can't figure out how to get rid of the lag and crashing problems, and for that sake, I think it's really sad. If somebody can make their phone faster and more stable by installing a custom ROM, that's a clear sign that the core OS is laughable.

iOS crashes the same if not more than Android. I posted an article in BackPage concerning this.

As for lag? Since Froyo, I have experienced little to no lag and GB/ICS is much better. People like to hang on to the lag "issues" with Android as ammunition to use to explain why Android isnt as good...just like the fragmentation argument. I have seen iOS lag on simple tasks as well (scrolling thru contacts) so no device is lag free. The problems occur with the severity of the lag and if it causes major problems. Whenever I see lag on any of my android phones (usually a split second at the most) it is no big deal. So what if an app lags for a split second...I can still do what I want with my phone and do more. I have a split second to wait for contacts to scroll or a few pics to load up.

One company. I am still not wrong with my statement. Samsung is HUGE and doing really well. They can afford a little setback. Not all companies can say the same.

lol i know. i'm just being a nitpicking douche :laugh:

Some of you make me laugh with the whole: "Well, lots of phones don't have ICS Yet". You are aware that it's up to the manufacturers, and then up to the carriers to release it right? Google makes the code available to Manufacturers. Those manufacturers then decide if/when to release the update to the carriers. Carriers then decide if/when to release the update. I've seen AT&T release an update a half year before Bell, who in turn releases a half year before Orange.

With iDevices apple controls the updates, apple decides who gets what and when. Google doesn't have that control, so you can't blame it on "Android". Blame the manufacturers and carriers.

Some of you make me laugh with the whole: "Well, lots of phones don't have ICS Yet". You are aware that it's up to the manufacturers, and then up to the carriers to release it right? Google makes the code available to Manufacturers. Those manufacturers then decide if/when to release the update to the carriers. Carriers then decide if/when to release the update. I've seen AT&T release an update a half year before Bell, who in turn releases a half year before Orange.

With iDevices apple controls the updates, apple decides who gets what and when. Google doesn't have that control, so you can't blame it on "Android". Blame the manufacturers and carriers.

it's still a problem with the android platform though that google has not done anything to help resolve.

it's still a problem with the android platform though that google has not done anything to help resolve.

it's NOT a problem with the platform. It's the problem with the manufacturer.

If you don't like the frequency of updates of that specific manufacturer go with someone else who updates their devices super fast like ASUS does for example. That's the beauty of choice. If you don't like someone's business policies and service you go with someone else. Considering there are so many choices you can always go with something that will get timely updates. This has really very little with the platform itself.

I personally buy either Google pure phones for myself, or ASUS stuff because I know I will get an update immediately when it's released. No problems at all.

Btw, Samsung is improving. They release ICS much quicker than they did before so this type of competition and service/update improvement will only get better as there is a lot of competition and if manufacturer doesn't want to lose consumers they will have to step up. Simple as that.

To customize you don't have to root.. Launcher and themes works without root.

Strange

http://forums.androidcentral.com/wallpapers-ringtones-themes/136741-using-folder-organizer-theme-home-screen-icons-free.html#post1434577

Says otherwise

If you want to truly "theme" your phone you need to break your warranty by "rooting" your phone. You can then change the look and feel of every app. It can turn into quite a hobby. But if you just want to change the look of your home screens and icons, it is easy and does not break your warranty.

And that's from android central, and can confirm its not as easy peasy/customizeable as you say as I personally know a mod / developer and asked them, the crap needs rooted

It may just be me, but changing an icon and background isn't theming! It's changing an icon and background

*edit- I will admit changing an icon is above what a non rooted iOS can do, but it's still not theming

Why SHOULD google do anything? They give the code to the Manufacturers, they make it available. However google has no control over the phones and what is put on them software wise. I mean, where I work it's the same sort of thing. We release new versions, but it's up to the customer to ask for the new version. We will tell them there are new versions, and upgrade them when they have a problem, but we don't force anything on them.

Strange

http://forums.androi...tml#post1434577

Says otherwise

And that's from android central, and can confirm its not as easy peasy/customizeable as you say as I personally know a mod / developer and asked them, the crap needs rooted

It may just be me, but changing an icon and background isn't theming! It's changing an icon and background

No.. it doesn't. You can put custom lock screens, folder icons (launchers), launcher themes, etc all un-rooted.

Go Launcher for example fully unrooted lets you mod and theme your phone no problem.

No.. it doesn't. You can put custom lock screens, folder icons (launchers), launcher themes, etc all un-rooted.

Go Launcher for example fully unrooted lets you mod and theme your phone no problem.

Arguing with someone who clearly doesn't use Android is futile.

Strange

http://forums.androi...tml#post1434577

Says otherwise

*edit- I will admit changing an icon is above what a non rooted iOS can do, but it's still not theming

You make no sense.... Are you high?? It says true theming needs root meaning to entirely change the OS theme!!

Just curious what should change in the OS so that you will call it a theme?

Just did a quick google search and picked link at random

Lock Screen - http://android.appstorm.net/roundups/utilities-roundups/eleven-ways-to-replace-your-lock-screen/

All apps, as in applications, not same boat as customizing

Folder icons - link I quoted above. They are shortcuts, created the same way as if iOS tells to create a shortcut on the home screen, but there is a difference between creating an App shortcut, and customizing the app icon itself.

Same with your launcher stuff.

I just don't get the whole bull**** of my thing can do this yours cant crap, when their both the same way. Both are the same. One is a green robot, the other is a fruit.

My question is this, why do you feel the need to compare or compete on an" mines better then yours ",,, are you still in elementary school.

Arguing with someone who clearly doesn't use Android is futile.

Totally true.. He dont even know how themes like Go Launcher and Nova launcher works...

Just did some google search and posted some piece of article.

I liked the videos but the reviewer shouldn't have held back on the use of the Galaxy Nexus. It's a great phone that really showcases the improvements to android. I really like the screen, the battery life and overall useability of the Galaxy Nexus.

Thats your problem. you obviously haven't used it and found it by google search. You lost your credibility there.

Lock Screen - http://android.appst...ur-lock-screen/

A theme in windows OS is an application too(or made as an application install)... so that's not a themes???

Android works different than IOS you should understand that.. app is just a way to install the theme

I just don't get the whole bull**** of my thing can do this yours cant crap, when their both the same way. Both are the same. One is a green robot, the other is a fruit.

My question is this, why do you feel the need to compare or compete on an" mines better then yours ",,, are you still in elementary school.

lol... then what are you doing here??? you are doing the same thing...

Lock Screen - http://android.appst...ur-lock-screen/

Yes, they are apps, that provide a customized approach to a lock screen. These apps replace the stock lock screen, making it as if these are the only lock screen. It's not the actual lock screen now.

Folder icons - link I quoted above. They are shortcuts, created the same way as if iOS tells to create a shortcut on the home screen, but there is a difference between creating an App shortcut, and customizing the app icon itself.

Same with your launcher stuff.

You do know the Launcher is an App even in stock android right? It's like Explorer on Windows. So your complaint is that you are using a different app instead of modifying the stock? The apps are free, and unlike iOS you don't need to be jail-broken to use them.

Technically you are customizing your Android as it is using the launcher YOU install, the lock screen YOU install, the icon pack YOU install. So it's as custom as installing the software to make your phone look how you want. I am yet to see any iOS devices that can do that non-jb. But please, prove me wrong.

I am not comparing, you are providing information that is not 100% valid, I am correcting what you are saying. Just because my phone can do something yours cannot is not a bragging point. When you tell me I can't do something, when I know full well I can I will say so.

You make no sense.... Are you high?? It says true theming needs root meaning to entirely change the OS theme!!

Just curious what should change in the OS so that you will call it a theme?

I come from the theming of XP and ME and crap t hat required a Hacked DLL, or replacing the Explorer. I'm talking theming. For example.

Subtle as in I'm using relunamin for XP, changes more then just icons and color. I was using Lightstep at one time. Lightstep or one of the MANY transformation packs in Neowins Customization section is what I call theming.

Not changing the icon of My Computer and the Background wallpaper.

Only phone I can even get is the HTC series for sprint IMO the Theme is its Sense 4. Can I replace that theme with something else without jailbreaking

I come from the theming of XP and ME and crap t hat required a Hacked DLL, or replacing the Explorer. I'm talking theming. For example.

Subtle as in I'm using relunamin for XP, changes more then just icons and color. I was using Lightstep at one time. Lightstep or one of the MANY transformation packs in Neowins Customization section is what I call theming.

Only phone I can even get is the HTC series for sprint IMO the Theme is its Sense 4. Can I replace that theme with something else without jailbreaking

see my post above... Its a phone there is nothing in there other than icons backgroud and effects on the launcher and menu's

and launcher can do all that without root!!! Did you even watch the video in that he make his phone exactly look like an iphone without a root. Did you know that can be done or were you just assuming that it cannot be done

"Sense" is the default UI of HTC Phones. Yes you can get a new launcher, new lock screen, new themes for the launchers. Disable the Sense widgets and you are set. Just like moto comes with BLUR. With a different lancher, etc and disablidn blur widgets my phone looks nothing like the stock.

I have my phone all hacked and the blur system/code removed but before I was even rooted you wouldn't have known it was a stock GB Rom.

I am not sure what it is you are looking for but for non root you can:

Change Wallpaper

Change Launcher

Change Launcher Themes

Change LockScreen

Change SMS App

Change Email Clients

Change dialer

Change Contacts

The only thing you can't do without root is change boot animation, and some system wide themes on launchers that aren't full system encompassing (which some are). I think you may actually be able to change some of the stuff unrooted, but more and more apps are coming out that replace pretty much everything so you can fully re-skin it (if that's what you mean).

Thats your problem. you obviously haven't used it and found it by google search. You lost your credibility there.

You literally just realized this, apparently your moron self hasn't read anything in the last year, I have stated from day 1 that I do not own an android device, I have only briefly used one ( notice I said used, twice total, r ensue to use it more as it annoys the crap out of me due to all the crap to go through to do a simple thing, and that's IF the app didn't crash or hang ) one of my biggest pet peeves is the stupid Loading bar on the Browser, it's only a couple pixels big. The only option is to use a different browser that has a different bar. Nope can't customize it. But you yell at safari for its lack of customization

Luckily any and all questions and support for Android comes from multiple people I personally know, can get ahold very easially. And 1 of which is a big contributor/developer/reviewer to a major Android site and has told and shown me the limitations of Android Customizations.

So yes you ***** I did find it through google search, and SPECIFICALLY SAID I FOUND IT USING GOOGLE. I typed in "Android Lock Screen" into google, wasn't hard, you should try it.

As far as credability, if you are the one judging for credibility I am so glad I don't qualify.

You literally just realized this, apparently your moron self hasn't read anything in the last year, I have stated from day 1 that I do not own an android device, I have only briefly used one ( notice I said used, twice total, r ensue to use it more as it annoys the crap out of me due to all the crap to go through to do a simple thing, and that's IF the app didn't crash or hang ) one of my biggest pet peeves is the stupid Loading bar on the Browser, it's only a couple pixels big. The only option is to use a different browser that has a different bar. Nope can't customize it. But you yell at safari for its lack of customization

Luckily any and all questions and support for Android comes from multiple people I personally know, can get ahold very easially. And 1 of which is a big contributor/developer/reviewer to a major Android site and has told and shown me the limitations of Android Customizations.

So yes you ***** I did find it through google search, and SPECIFICALLY SAID I FOUND IT USING GOOGLE. I typed in "Android Lock Screen" into google, wasn't hard, you should try it.

As far as credability, if you are the one judging for credibility I am so glad I don't qualify.

You lost all your arguments here!!! well No point arguing with you then!!! Its like arguing to a rock or POS.

Note to self: Dont reply to trolls.

I read "I realized that Android has a much more polished UI and more intuitive features" in the first YouTube video description and closed the browser window. What a ridiculously false statement.

• Like 2