Android Vs iOS The Truth about Apple and Google's OS

That guy Boz used to have a Mac Pro IIRC ... it exploded and leave him blind? why the blind hate to Apple :s

Is there a point with arguing with Boz? I'm just curious, because this thread seems more like an orgy of Fandroidom than anything that resembles an intelligent conversation.

I agree. No offense to anyone, but it seems people likes to jump down Boz's throat for things he says. Everyone has their opinion and you dont have to like it. So ignore him. This thread would have 1/2 the number of posts.

The one thing i learnt from these videos is... I must download Dolphin for my iPhone.

This browser is amazing!!!

(and I love my iPhone :rofl: )

That guy Boz used to have a Mac Pro IIRC ... it exploded and leave him blind? why the blind hate to Apple :s

Because android is the cool thing now, he used to have an iPhone.

Oh the irony ;)

More consistent? Why? Because of the universal back button that changes its behavior pretty wildly depending on the app you're in?

Or an OS that is barely on 1% of the phones... and still isn't out for major phones 6 months after release... and the fact that future phones/tablets are still releasing with Android 2.3.. That's about as inconsistent as you can get.

You mean like (if you haven't already seen it via news tech sites):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NnVU8R6mAU

I laughed my pants off when I saw this earlier.

And I will leave this for you to laugh at even more.

samsung-copying-cjr.jpg

So I say... who's not innovating?

They had to scale/arrange those buttons, that counts somewhere doesnt it.

As far imitating, their own legal team couldn't tell the difference when they were both were side by side.

But all in all the actions of 1 manufacturer should not reflect against the entirety of Android, it's not Android fault Sansung is trying to legally sell knockoff's

They had to scale/arrange those buttons, that counts somewhere doesnt it.

As far imitating, their own legal team couldn't tell the difference when they were both were side by side.

But all in all the actions of 1 manufacturer should not reflect against the entirety of Android, it's not Android fault Sansung is trying to legally sell knockoff's

Well to be fair, I'd say Samsung are probably the biggest players in the game next to Google with the Nexus.

Oh the irony ;)

Or an OS that is barely on 1% of the phones... and still isn't out for major phones 6 months after release... and the fact that future phones/tablets are still releasing with Android 2.3.. That's about as inconsistent as you can get.

And I will leave this for you to laugh at even more.

I would hardly classify a simple cord/power adapter and packaging as innovation. And Personally, I think the packaging lawsuits, connectors suits, and the hardware suits are kind of stupid. I agree that the TW interface looks like Apple's but IMO...thats about it. And Apple altered the images of Samsung products to make them look more like theirs in the images. So that is scum move on Apple's part and didnt help them much as Samsung has won many of the cases.

And Innovation? iPhone has looked pretty much the same hardware/os wise since the iPhone 3 models and it is MO that Apple is getting behind and stale. They need to switch things up a little I think. They make a good product I will give you that.

Apple is just butt hurt that Android is doing as well as they are and if they nail it to Samsung, you can bet they will go after another Android manufacturer. I dont like Apple and have not in a long time. I mostly do not like how the company operates and the dbag moves Saint Jobs had made while he was in charge.

<snip>

And one more comment about the packing. Samsung's and Apple's packaging both have their companies name on the box and what product is inside. If you are to stupid to read, or cannot read, the packing whose fault is that?...maybe that person who is really confused shouldnt be buying that device in the first place. I walk in a store, and ask for say....an iPad. When the rep brings it out, the first thing I am going to do is look at the box and make sure its what I asked. Its not like I am going to not look at the box, buy it, and then get home and be all ****ed off because I got a Galaxy Tab and not and iPad like I wanted.

• Like 1

And one more comment about the packing. Samsung's and Apple's packaging both have their companies name on the box and what product is inside. If you are to stupid to read, or cannot read, the packing whose fault is that?...maybe that person who is really confused shouldnt be buying that device in the first place. I walk in a store, and ask for say....an iPad. When the rep brings it out, the first thing I am going to do is look at the box and make sure its what I asked. Its not like I am going to not look at the box, buy it, and then get home and be all ****ed off because I got a Galaxy Tab and not and iPad like I wanted.

It was more in the realm of calling people who buy apple products "isheep", when Samsung copy apple at every chance they get.

It was more in the realm of calling people who buy apple products "isheep", when Samsung copy apple at every chance they get.

I hate the terms iSheep, fanboys...and all those other slag terms. They are dumb IMO and only used to irritate people.

And I doubt a lot of these law suits would even been brought forth if Jobs was not in charge. It has been stated all over the internet that Jobs was hell bent on destroying Android and he didnt care how much money it took to do so. He took it way to personal (dejavu) while he should of been more focused on improving his products and what he could do to make Apple's products stand out more.

Oh the irony ;)

Apple is the biggest copy cat in the world. They ripped off the best ideas from everyone and put them in iPhone and iPad and then have the audicity to claim they invented something. Best marketed or even polished product doesn't equal innovation.

Samsung's designs that look like iPhone pre-date anything Apple came out with.

With glass:

samsung-spf-107h-and-spf-87h-digital-photo-frames.jpg

with aluminum border

samsungpictureframe.jpg

and then Apple comes along almost 5 years later and makes this:

73741d1314939273-ipad-ipad-photos.jpg

and then claims how Samsung copies them.

LOL..

From their digital frames that Apple ripped off shamelessly in the design of iPad to the simplistic central button (found in Samsung devices phones pre-2007).

gsmarena_001.jpg

Apple steals ideas from everyone, makes one product and then claims they innovated by having marketing that uninformed people eat up.

You do realize that 80% of Apple's hardware is "innovated" by Samsung right?

boz has more apple hardware then the biggest "isheeps" on the planet. he is a walking, talking, living, breathing hypocrite.

You do realize that 80% of Apple's hardware is "innovated" by Samsung right?

and you do realize that the only reason android exists is because of apple right?

How much do you get paid for defending a brand people? That goes for both android users and apple users.

How much do you get paid for defending a brand people? That goes for both android users and apple users.

my theory is rabid fanboyism is a way to make up for their low self esteem problems they have in real life. they attach themselves to something artificial, find others just like them, yearning to belong to something, and defend if like it was their first born.

my theory is rabid fanboyism is a way to make up for their low self esteem problems they have in real life. they attach themselves to something artificial, find others just like them, yearning to belong to something, and defend if like it was their first born.

Some people are passionate about certain things. Yes, some people are blinded to see what else is out there but thats their choice. But, IMO, Apple users are the more worse as a whole with defending their products....tho I have known some Android users that were worse.

and you do realize that the only reason android exists is because of apple right?

I dont agree with that. We would of had similar tech maybe at a later date, but Apple is not the only people to have these ideas. The only reason why Apple had it was that Jobs wasnt afraid to take chances. Tablets, for example, were not a new concept because Apple brought them to market first. They were just the first company to take the chance.

And from what I read, Android and iOS were being developed around the same time. Apple just beat Android to market.

Nothing, its called giving your opinion.

Giving your opinion... about tools...

Great way to use your time.

Giving your opinion... about tools...

Great way to use your time.

And you making these comments is a great use of your time. Who is worse?

Its a debate/discussion and it happens on most things...not just Apple vs Android vs WP7. Hell, there are even contests for debates.

And you making these comments is a great use of your time. Who is worse?

The one writing entire lengthy paragraphs about something as trivial as a cell phone OS trying to convince others how much they "suck" ;)

It has took me about 5 minutes to get across my point, I have nothing left to say.

You guys ramble for hours PER day.

Kinda pathetic, just use whatever you like and let others do the same (That goes for both Apple and Android users).

• Like 1

Kinda pathetic, just use whatever you like and let others do the same (That goes for both Apple and Android users).

I think comments like this are worse. These topics will never end so just dont post in them if you dont like them. Why do you care what others do with their time? I am just on Neowin currently because I am washing clothes and then going out later. So this is something to do to pass the time. For me, its not like i sit in front of the computer all day long...unless I am working.

But I will say this...when topics turn in to insults/mud slinging...then I thing that is bad and pretty much a waste of time. I used to be bad at this a few years ago but hey, people can change...right. Now its just easier to ignore others who try to heat me up. More people need to learn how to debate while still respecting others choices.

Why do you care what phones others use?

I dont. I give my opinion on what I use and the things I use can do. And in many times, others give their opinion which causes me to change products or to do things differently. Debating helps people make different choices and in a lot of cases, the correct choice for them before they buy and decide on something.

So, for the most part, i dont really care what they have...just what they do with something and how they use it since it could affect choices i make.