The "I Love You" Experiment

I tell certain people that. I always say it to my girlfriend after I kiss her goodnight, or tell her goodbye when she goes to work. If I talk to my mom (and sometimes dad, as us men just imply love, we do not always say it) or my sisters, I tell them that before we hang up. Just the way it is. So I wanted to experiment saying this to people I do not normally say it to. I got some freaking hilarious results. When my friend Adam was here last, I told him that he could not leave until he said it back to me. The look on his face was priceless. I cannot remember if he actually did say it as I was a bit drunk, but nonetheless. A few days ago I was talking with my friend Craig on Skype, and I said it to him. He did not respond so I said it again and that he had to say it back. He just ended the call, lmao.

So please add to my experiment. Tell people that you do not normally tell that you love them, and post your results! I am sure there will be some cute and funny responses.

• Like 3

I do this all the time, even to acquaintances.

My neighbor (male) came over a couple of weeks ago to bring my dog back that had gotten out. After telling him thank you and everything else, he said "Alright cya later" to which I replied, "Alright, love you" The look on his face was indescribable. :D

My neighbor (male) came over a couple of weeks ago to bring my dog back that had gotten out. After telling him thank you and everything else, he said "Alright cya later" to which I replied, "Alright, love you" The look on his face was indescribable. :D

Nice! :D

So... what if they accept it as a...? That would make things very much awkward...

Then give them a kiss on the lips, no matter what.

I love you.

Thanks bro, I love you too! :hug_guy:

My folks brought me up to be polite etc and always to sign xmas and b'day cards with 'Love from' at the end until I was in my first year of high school and still very much innocent to the world, and gave my mate an xmas card that he opened and very loudly laughed that I had put Love from at the end of the card

That was the last time I ever said it to anyone other than my gf

My folks brought me up to be polite etc and always to sign xmas and b'day cards with 'Love from' at the end until I was in my first year of high school and still very much innocent to the world, and gave my mate an xmas card that he opened and very loudly laughed that I had put Love from at the end of the card

That was the last time I ever said it to anyone other than my gf

Everyone point at laugh at this guy for putting Love at the end of the card.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :p

Id do it to randoms that help me, but being Scottish born and living in Scotland, we struggle to tell our parents we love them! never mind anyone else lol youd get "glasgae kisssed" if you said that to randoms :p

I do sign cards Love <first name> though, unles sits male friends then......no :p

I would, but I have a terrible time lying.

Also, I might get punched, if I said 'I Love You' to the people that I feel that way towards. :blush:

i have no idea why but i read that as I do this all the time, even to amputees"

sorry :laugh:

Id do it to randoms that help me, but being Scottish born and living in Scotland, we struggle to tell our parents we love them! never mind anyone else lol youd get "glasgae kisssed" if you said that to randoms :p

I do sign cards Love <first name> though, unles sits male friends then......no :p

That is funny. My friend that ended the Skype call is Scottish, hehe.

We don't say "I love you" to parents or siblings here, so it would be awkward and still more if I said it to a friend or stranger. But, it would be funny to see the looks.

P.S. : I Love You!

I vary rarely say those words...even to family. They tell me it all the time and I reply with "you to" I had to many people screw me over in my life when I said those words so now, I dont.