307 members have voted

1. 1. what router brand do you have..??

I had in order of history:

d-link

Linsys

netgear

Asus

Best: Linksys

Worst: Netgear but it was phisically damaged a bit.

My next router will be again Linksys or Cisco or maybe D-Link i am not sure.

Opposite of what I've experienced! My Netgear has lasted me 6 years and the worst was the Linksys. My Linksys only lasted a week! Took it back for the Netgear 6 years ago!

Whatever Be has given me. I think it's manufactured by Thomson.

And it actually works pretty well. I've never felt the need to replace or upgrade it.

I bought a new TP-Link TL-R860 a few weeks ago and it works great. I also love the white color, so sick of blue routers.

I have had nearly every brand though, a D-Link DI-604 that never worked great and finally died, a Linksys BFSR41 and my favorite of all time a Netgear RT314. It's a huge steel router, very cool looking but at this point it is hopelessly outdated so it now serves as a decorative item.

are you all trolling me with the amped wireless thing?? LOL

Netgear WNR 3500 V1 - Has worked perfectly for the 3 years I've owned it. No lockups, freezes or hiccups! Hooked up to a Motorola SURFBoard Digital Voice Modem SBV5222 (provided by Cox), this has worked with no problems also.

• Like 1

I'm about to get a new one but currently using the Linksys E-2500 was on sale super cheap and is really good for what i paid. So i can't complain.

what are you gonna get??

If amped wireless would make one that supports ddwrt, has usb ports for print/file servers and dual band I would get one... that's what everyone wants! I'd love to have HARDCORE COVERAGE!! like that.

I did find an awesome netgear one that has those that I'm considering!!! supports ddwrt!!!

A Motorola I got completely for free from my ISP, and it's wonderful. Dual-SSID (guest with limited speed and private), simultaneous dual-band, wide channel with actually quite a lot of features, and I easily get 100Mb/s over wireless. Probably a lot more, but I haven't tested PC-to-PC transfer yet.

I do use it in 2.4Ghz-only because the range is a lot better and the speed still goes up to my internet's max speed. It also functions as a VOIP gateway for our classic phones, and is our internet modem (cable). 4 Gigabit ethernet ports on the back, and I can connect a USB drive that will be mounted as NAS. I actually am quite pleased with it considering it's free with my internet :p

It's labeled Compal Broadband Networks (product page: http://www.icbn.com.tw/product.php?act=view&no=25) - but it's actually Motorola internally. Compal Broadband Networks is just handling their European branch since a little over a year. It's almost exactly the same device as this one: http://www.motorola.com/Video-Solutions/US-EN/Products-and-Services/Voice-and-Data-Consumer-Premise-Equipment/DOCSIS-Modems-Gateways-and-eMTAs/Wireless-Cable-Modem-Gateways/SBG6580

In my room (city where I go to University) I have a Linksys/Cisco WRT54g, running the default firmware. Only does 21Mb/s wirelessly, but our internet here only goes up to 15Mb/s anyway, so it doesn't matter much. Range, signal quality and stability are top-notch though, it's brilliant. But of course I have the v7 version, which happens to be the very only one in the series that doesn't have any custom firmware available at all. But well, the Linksys/Cisco default isn't too bad.

Why are Linksys and Cisco listed seperately in the poll? They are one company.

I indicated Enterprise VS Consumer Cisco.... I don't know how accuratly the others have voted. I should have been more clear can someone fix that and indicate that for me? thanks.

Just bought an Apple Airport Extreme. I had a TimeCapsule before, but it died like 3-4 years after its purchase. Usually, my routers would die 6-12 months after their purchase for no reason. I bought about 8 of them before, from all different kinds (Linksys, D-Link, Microsoft, Netgear, ? and whatnot). So I had to go Apple again.

Funny thing is, back in the time when I bought my Time Capsule, they weren?t particularly good at making routers. I bought it at the time where Time Capsules would die 18 months after their purchase. They weren?t reputed being the best or anything, faaaar from it. But when my Time Capsule died last Thursday, I went online to check the reviews and popularity and it seems like Apple?s Airport Extreme has gone in the top 5 routers if not top 3. (checked reviews from Amazon, Best Buy, Future Shop, and Apple?s website, where people are being REALLY critical about their products sometimes, and it was unanimous)

OMG amped is gonna have usb filesharing on the next routers!!! just confirmed on thier FB page!

Why are Linksys and Cisco listed seperately in the poll? They are one company.

Cisco owns Linksys, but that doesn't make them the same company. Linksys still operates mainly on its own and their products are not the same.

Linksys E4200 that I got in Jan 2011. It's basically been up and running since then on DD-WRT and never failed. Right now It's at 112 Days uptime because I rebooted it Jan 1st 2012. :)

Never had any issue with the tons of data i put through it, handles copying files from system to system while download files at 7MB/s from WAN. I've been thinking the poor router must be bored since only recently i've been pushing it but it definitely handled everything I could throw at it.

Netgear WGR614v9

same as mine! How long you have it and how has it been for yah?