microsoft windows release preview release candidate beta win8 rc june

• Please log in to reply
455 replies to this topic

#46 zhangm

zhangm

Just bitter.

• Tech Issues Solved: 14

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:16

Need shadows on those inactive windows...

#47 dafin0

dafin0

Neowinian

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:26

Need shadows on those inactive windows...

for whatever reason i dont like shadows on any windows. when ever i install windows i disable shadows and the minimize/maximize effect.

#48 zhangm

zhangm

Just bitter.

• Tech Issues Solved: 14

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:39

for whatever reason i dont like shadows on any windows. when ever i install windows i disable shadows and the minimize/maximize effect.

I find that shadows on all windows make it easier to find the borders of most windows. At present, inactive windows that are against a white background have frames that are exactly the same color as their background and only a 1px border to denote that they are a window. I'm annoyed by stuff like the following; an inactive explorer window on top of the content area of an inactive web page - at a glance, it is hard to differentiate the window borders from content in the web page.

Attached Images

• Untitled.png

#49 OP FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:22

Another possible event for WRP release? Computex, Taipei June 5-9 Posted Image

#50 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• Tech Issues Solved: 83

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:34

I find that shadows on all windows make it easier to find the borders of most windows. At present, inactive windows that are against a white background have frames that are exactly the same color as their background and only a 1px border to denote that they are a window. I'm annoyed by stuff like the following; an inactive explorer window on top of the content area of an inactive web page - at a glance, it is hard to differentiate the window borders from content in the web page.

I'm not on Windows 8 atm but did you check advanced system settings to see if you can enable drop shadow? On Windows 7 it's enabled by default and I have disabled it manually.

#51 OP FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:52

I'm not on Windows 8 atm but did you check advanced system settings to see if you can enable drop shadow? On Windows 7 it's enabled by default and I have disabled it manually.

What Relativity meant is in-active windows. Only the single active window have the shadows.

#52 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• Tech Issues Solved: 83

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:54

What Relativity meant is in-active windows. Only the single active window have the shadows.

Ah OK (Y)

#53 +PmRd

PmRd

Neowinian

• Phone: Windows Phone 8 (Nokia 1020)

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:03

Oh no, no more shadows! Can't tell difference between windows and other things.. so confused.. brain melting..

#54 OP FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:23

The windows shadow is a ram-eater, if you don't have adequate ram and open a lot of windows on the desktop it would cause undesired lagging. I guess MS had weighed the pros and cons and decided that only the active window has the shadows.

#55 HighwayGlider

HighwayGlider

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:46

I honestly can't believe that a company of such size of MS can produce such utter cr$p (N). where are their proper UI designers ? , where is the flow ? , the integration ? ...... it's like MS will never learn from their mistakes, because i'm sorry but the changes to the 'new' aero revision looks like a retard designed it :/

There's only 1 UI designer team and they work only on MS office. j/k

#56 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:54

A number of people moan about Aero not looking right yet I don't see anyone giving details of what and how to change it. Other than bigger title bars which, as has been pointed out already, is probably so people with touch devices can actually work with them better. I think they're heading in the right direction and cleaning up the UI from Win7s version.

If people really don't like Aero as is, or will be by RTM, it's still able to be tweaked and themed. That's not going to change in Win8, though who knows for Win9.

#57 freak180

freak180

Mr. GreatDisaster

Posted 07 May 2012 - 14:19

I'm having a hard time understand where MS is going with this new aero. I think they should go with 2 visual styles for this release. The aero theme and metro ( office 15 look)

#58 OP FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:20

It didn't mention WRP, but I guess this is probably it :D

http://www.microsoft...omputex2012/en/

Posted Image

#59 bogas04

bogas04

This title is bogus

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 13 May 2012 - 18:41

New Screenies! (and love for MultiMonitor users :) )

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Source: http://www.winsupersite.com/

#60 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior