MS : Windows Release Preview (RC)- First Week of June

I don't understand this obsession with upgrading, especially with beta code. Man up and do a fresh install, you'll thank yourselves later.

I'm hoping there'll be an easy upgrade route from the Consumer Preview to the Release Preview, and not specifically

need a clean install. I've got the W8CP running almost exactly how I like it now. I'd rather not have to go all the way

back to square one, having to reinstall all my programs/apps, and reconfigure all my custom settings!

They're very likely won't be, not stable to upgrade from a beta OS. Canouna said it's possible by hacking files, but then your Metro apps won't work.

I'm really looking forward to Win 8 and have used the beta a lot. I just can't figure out why they are going flatter with the UI. I had thought that the future of UI design was more of a 3D look.

I'm really looking forward to Win 8 and have used the beta a lot. I just can't figure out why they are going flatter with the UI. I had thought that the future of UI design was more of a 3D look.

I don't think so, no. If anything, there has long been a push towards flat, matte, "Web 2.0" design. Mac OS X is going the same way, too. Lion has flatter, less glossy widgets and chrome.

It seems gradients and forced 3D was more of a 90's design trend.

We're getting our Start Button back?! :D

No, that's why he puts it in quotes. He means the start screen preview window that pops up when you move the mouse to the lower left corner. The start button/orb is gone, if people still want it then install one of the start menu replacement apps out there, they all work on Win8 just fine.

Out of the first 2 dates Caputex makes the most sense instead of E3 (though they might show something at E3). Now if it's the 8th like Paul thinks then, I dunno, maybe MS will have it's own little Win8 event? It'd be pretty short notice, the press would probably have invites already, or maybe they'll go out a week ahead of time? Only time will tell though, either way June is going to be one busy month for MS in general. There's Xbox stuff at E3, Win8 RP, VS stuff as well iirc, and towards the end you have the Windows Phone 8 developer event on the 20th which should be huge.

Remember, they may well not hold an event for it :) It could just be a coincidence that E3 and Computex are during that week. I don't remember Microsoft holding an event for the Windows 7 RC, so it's likely they won't for the Windows 8 RP. I reckon they'll release it on June 8, now I've seen Paul Thurrott's tweet.

Curious to see what these new cursor themes are. Hopefully there will be a black version of the standard Aero setup. It bothered me that the black cursors were never updated for WinVI/Win7.

Curious to see what these new cursor themes are. Hopefully there will be a black version of the standard Aero setup. It bothered me that the black cursors were never updated for WinVI/Win7.

If you mean the lowest pic with the world map, it's the weather app, showing weather of cities, high/low temps.

Makes no sense to release a computer OS at a games show, plus Paul has been more wrong than right recently. Releasing at Computex also allows the OEM's to showoff some of the tasty hardware we've been hearing so much about from Microsoft, that will leave E3 for MS to showcase the new stuff for the Xbox and Halo 4.

Makes no sense to release a computer OS at a games show, plus Paul has been more wrong than right recently. Releasing at Computex also allows the OEM's to showoff some of the tasty hardware we've been hearing so much about from Microsoft, that will leave E3 for MS to showcase the new stuff for the Xbox and Halo 4.

Unconfirmed rumor is that MS will talk about win8+XBox integration, so atm we couldn't rule out a possibility of WRP release in E3. Although most people are inclined towards release in Computex.

Unconfirmed rumor is that MS will talk about win8+XBox integration, so atm we couldn't rule out a possibility of WRP release in E3. Although most people are inclined towards release in Computex.

I would think they would announce it at Computex then at E3 reveal more info relating to the Xbox. Having the main reveal there would mean all the new hot hardware at Computex will be displayed with Windows 7, which isnt going to get anyone excited.

#Windows8 Release Preview public download = 1st June (twitter)

1st June is the date.

That would be great, only 9 more days, can't wait!!!

I'm hoping there'll be an easy upgrade route from the Consumer Preview to the Release Preview, and not specifically

need a clean install. I've got the W8CP running almost exactly how I like it now. I'd rather not have to go all the way

back to square one, having to reinstall all my programs/apps, and reconfigure all my custom settings!

Found this one this morning, seems it's not possible for a Full Upgrade from WCP to WRP

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install/confirmed-windows-8-release-preview-first-week-of/3a3dd604-845a-4e95-aa83-9906c99de404?auth=1

screen991.jpg