MS : Windows Release Preview (RC)- First Week of June

I've a question I have never installed beta version of windows before, my first beta version is windows 8 will I be able to update CP to RP through windows update ? or I've to download RP

I'm fairly certain you'll have to download the Release Preview.

I'm fairly certain you'll have to download the Release Preview.

that's what I thought I guess i'll stick to CP until final version

thank you a lot :)

that's what I thought I guess i'll stick to CP until final version

thank you a lot :)

Why? Just download the RP and re-install. It's really not an issue.

So we all know that the RP will be released on the 1st of June, but do we have any hour for the release?

No we don't but whatever hour it actually is it'll be in Pacific time zone since that's where MS HQ is. I'm guessing, if it's on the 1st, it could be 8am pacific, or later in the day. So depending on where you live it could actually be out on the 2nd for you.

So there's no conference scheduled that can hint for the release hour? :(

Not that I know of. The conferences are the next week.

Now that this idiot is actually posting keys, I can safely assume that they're not tied to an entity in fear of losing his job. Why aren't the ISOs leaked yet?!

Those keys are taken from sources\product.ini in the WRP ISO, anybody can get the same thing when WRP is released.

From what I heard thru my friends and in web, any ISO download by the OEM/TAP's thru Connect bears some kind of "OEM ID", no idea of how it is done or how it works, but they all believe it makes the ISO traceable.

Those keys are taken from sources\product.ini in the WRP ISO, anybody can get the same thing when WRP is released.

From what I heard thru my friends and in web, any ISO download by the OEM/TAP's thru Connect bears some kind of "OEM ID", no idea of how it is done or how it works, but they all believe it makes the ISO traceable.

They did this in the Windows 2000 technical beta. Somehow the ISOs were watermarked with our beta IDs but the images all seemed to be identical. Quite a few accounts lost access.

So today I went to one of my competitors place of business today to chitchat with him. I was in the area. Lets just say after talking to him my grandma knows as much about Windows 8 than he does. He knows NOTHING!. I don't think he's even seen videos or screenshots of it. He said "I'm kind of weird that way! I don't like to fill my grey matter with stuff I won't have to worry about for a while".

He knows nothing about what it looks like, he knows nothing about the Metro Title interface and was surprised when I told him the start button is going to be gone / hidden. Why exactly is he hearing it from me for the first time? He is never any fun to talk to, because he is never current on anything new.

35quns.jpg

Well I finally got that Chinese 8400 Release Preview installed...

Apart from it being a bit faster and the metro tiles not being so illuminous and the start square thing is a bit smaller - Nothing has changed visually that I can see

Disappointingly similar to the CP except customisation was disabled because it wasn't activated and store was dead too

Well I finally got that Chinese 8400 Release Preview installed...

Apart from it being a bit faster and the metro tiles not being so illuminous and the start square thing is a bit smaller - Nothing has changed visually that I can see

Disappointingly similar to the CP except customisation was disabled because it wasn't activated and store was dead too

Give us some video demos please :p ! Also hows music app?

Give us some video demos please :p ! Also hows music app?

No point in video demos, its nearly identical to the CP

Here is the music app (Not my music :p), bear in mind most things are not working because I had to install it by extracting .wim and thus no product key thus nothing really works

2.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Oh , alright thanks!

Can you , umm , for fun's sake , perform a SunSpider benchmark with new IE10 and probably Firefox+Chrome on same system ?

Are we actually sure it will be released this friday? Or is it still a rumor at this point?

I really hope thye release it early Friday morning so the download will be in around sunday afternoon

wouldn't mind seeing WMP in desktop and metro and please visit html5test.com with IE10 metro and desktop and post the scores. Is the U.I of IE desktop the same as IE9?

Oh , alright thanks!

Can you , umm , for fun's sake , perform a SunSpider benchmark with new IE10 and probably Firefox+Chrome on same system ?

Metro IE

============================================
RESULTS (means and 95% confidence intervals)
--------------------------------------------
Total:				  394.6ms +/- 0.6%

3d:					45.2ms +/- 5.0%
	cube:				12.0ms +/- 0.0%
	morph:				5.0ms +/- 0.0%
	raytrace:			28.2ms +/- 8.0%

access:				40.0ms +/- 1.5%
	binary-trees:		 7.0ms +/- 4.8%
	fannkuch:			16.7ms +/- 2.1%
	nbody:			   10.0ms +/- 0.0%
	nsieve:			   6.3ms +/- 5.5%

bitops:				21.9ms +/- 3.2%
	3bit-bits-in-byte:	1.0ms +/- 0.0%
	bits-in-byte:		 5.8ms +/- 5.2%
	bitwise-and:		  8.3ms +/- 4.2%
	nsieve-bits:		  6.8ms +/- 4.4%

controlflow:			5.0ms +/- 0.0%
	recursive:			5.0ms +/- 0.0%

crypto:				20.5ms +/- 8.1%
	aes:				 12.0ms +/- 0.0%
	md5:				  5.5ms +/- 30.2%
	sha1:				 3.0ms +/- 0.0%

date:				  49.5ms +/- 2.7%
	format-tofte:		18.1ms +/- 3.5%
	format-xparb:		31.4ms +/- 3.7%

math:				  34.1ms +/- 1.5%
	cordic:			   1.0ms +/- 0.0%
	partial-sums:		28.1ms +/- 1.9%
	spectral-norm:		5.0ms +/- 0.0%

regexp:				17.7ms +/- 2.0%
	dna:				 17.7ms +/- 2.0%

string:			   160.7ms +/- 1.1%
	base64:			   8.0ms +/- 0.0%
	fasta:			   38.1ms +/- 2.6%
	tagcloud:			51.8ms +/- 1.3%
	unpack-code:		 34.4ms +/- 1.1%
	validate-input:	  28.4ms +/- 1.8%

IE 10 Desktop

============================================
RESULTS (means and 95% confidence intervals)
Total:				  377.4ms +/- 0.4%

3d:				    34.1ms +/- 0.7%
    cube:			    10.9ms +/- 2.1%
    morph:			    4.0ms +/- 0.0%
    raytrace:		    19.2ms +/- 1.6%

access:			    35.2ms +/- 1.6%
    binary-trees:		 5.3ms +/- 9.1%
    fannkuch:		    15.9ms +/- 1.4%
    nbody:			   11.0ms +/- 0.0%
    nsieve:			   3.0ms +/- 0.0%

bitops:			    23.3ms +/- 2.1%
    3bit-bits-in-byte:    0.0ms +/- NaN%
    bits-in-byte:		 5.5ms +/- 6.8%
    bitwise-and:		  4.9ms +/- 4.6%
    nsieve-bits:		 12.9ms +/- 1.8%

controlflow:		    3.4ms +/- 10.9%
    recursive:		    3.4ms +/- 10.9%

crypto:			    26.0ms +/- 0.0%
    aes:				  9.0ms +/- 0.0%
    md5:				  7.0ms +/- 0.0%
    sha1:			    10.0ms +/- 0.0%

date:				  46.1ms +/- 1.4%
    format-tofte:	    15.2ms +/- 2.0%
    format-xparb:	    30.9ms +/- 1.7%

math:				  34.2ms +/- 2.2%
    cordic:			   1.1ms +/- 20.5%
    partial-sums:	    28.9ms +/- 1.8%
    spectral-norm:	    4.2ms +/- 7.2%

regexp:			    21.3ms +/- 1.6%
    dna:				 21.3ms +/- 1.6%

string:			   153.8ms +/- 0.6%
    base64:			   8.0ms +/- 0.0%
    fasta:			   37.1ms +/- 1.9%
    tagcloud:		    47.4ms +/- 0.8%
    unpack-code:		 35.4ms +/- 1.0%
    validate-input:	  25.9ms +/- 0.9%

wouldn't mind seeing WMP in desktop and metro and please visit html5test.com with IE10 metro and desktop and post the scores. Is the U.I of IE desktop the same as IE9?

WMP player looks the same as Windows 7 / Win 8 CP

IE 10 Desktop and Metro get 319 + 6 Bonus points

Yea IE 10 desktop looks the same as IE9

So today I went to one of my competitors place of business today to chitchat with him. I was in the area. Lets just say after talking to him my grandma knows as much about Windows 8 than he does. He knows NOTHING!. I don't think he's even seen videos or screenshots of it. He said "I'm kind of weird that way! I don't like to fill my grey matter with stuff I won't have to worry about for a while".

He knows nothing about what it looks like, he knows nothing about the Metro Title interface and was surprised when I told him the start button is going to be gone / hidden. Why exactly is he hearing it from me for the first time? He is never any fun to talk to, because he is never current on anything new.

Um, why should he concern himself with something that wont be out for months?

Someone who knows about Windows 8 and/or has it installed is unlikely to go to a shop for help...

Um, why should he concern himself with something that wont be out for months?

Someone who knows about Windows 8 and/or has it installed is unlikely to go to a shop for help...

An average user probably wouldn't but you would think a repair person would like to be informed about what is in the pipline.