When You Wish Upon A Fish ...

Fisherman in Croatia are rushing to catch a large gold-coloured fish that reportedly grants a wish each time in exchange for being put back in the water. :huh:

Fisherman Vlatko Pecavor, 25, from the central town of Ozalj says the 10 kilo fish had been fun to catch and added: "I had not had a bite all day and I was about to go home when I hooked the fish. It was a fun catch because I had never seen anything like it, it is a beautiful golden colour.

"I took a picture and put it back in the water, saying I hoped to catch it again. And I did. My pal told me it had probably granted me a wish, so as a joke I wished for something improbably - and it came true.

"I have now caught the fish 7 times and each time I made a wish it came true. I know that if I say what the wish is it will break the chance that it comes true, so I am keeping what I asked for a secret - but it really is a magic fish."

Local fishing expert Mutimir Hrvat said: "It's a type of carp that is not native to these waters, I don't know how it got there but maybe it was thrown away by someone when it got to big for their pond.

Ozalj which is located north of Karlovac and southwest of Jastrebarsko on the Kupa river is a popular local fishing resort.

source

Maybe he was wishing to re-catch the fish every time.

JizcV.jpg

Also I thought this thread was about when I used to wish I was a fish. Yes, at some point when I was younger I did :p