Damaged keyboard - bypass password?

Hey all,

Right so I was an idiot and unfortunately there is now some water inside my laptop. Already took to Apple Store - they obviously couldn't do anything. It boots, fortunately, yet it seems like the keyboard is just completely ruined.

So I have an issue, I can't get into the user account because it has a password.

How could I get around this? It won't even pair with a bluetooth keyboard unfortunately as Bluetooth isn't on.

Any and all advice would be appreciated. I need a few files off of it ASAP for Uni and I could get them provided I can get into the actual account!

Luckily it's insured and my insurance provider are taking it Friday to "assess" and either repair or replace.

Thanks,

Medking

borrow a usb keyboard from someone or go out and buy a cheap one real quick

(I don't think macs have an on-screen keyboard for some reason ... )

Remove the hard drive and access it from another computer?

Usually the Apple store will give you a repair quote... could ask them whether they are willing to extract the files...

+1 USB Keyboard. Any USB Keyboard will do, it does not need to be an Apple keyboard, it can be for a standard PC and it will work fine.

Other than that you can try Target Disk mode or +1 removing the drive

Ah cool stuff - I'll try that.

Where is the accessibility button?

I asked the Apple Store to quote a repair and it would be circa 650GBP which is ridiculous considering I'll pay an excess of 100 with my insurers and either get it repaired or replaced (which is more likely) but thanks for the suggestion!