New Rig But Why Low Score?

Hi guys,

I just build a new rig/system. It's Experience Index Rating seems low considering it's a 6-Core HyperThread i7 980 CPU. Is this rating looks normal for this rig?

post-956-0-77158800-1335295575.png

I thought I would get max score for this but that's just crappy.

WEI ignores the fact that you have two graphics cards, so it shouldn't affect your score. As far as it's concerned you've just got one in. :p

The maximum WEI score is 7.9 in Windows 7, I don't see any issues here?

Pretty sure you need over 4Ghz, 12Gb of ram to get 7.9.

Thanks... I will upgrade to that spec when I get a chance...

WEI ignores the fact that you have two graphics cards, so it shouldn't affect your score. As far as it's concerned you've just got one in. :p

That isn't true, if SLI is turned on, WEI uses DirectX, It will reflect the score properly in the video tests. I also know from experience with my GTX 470's there was a difference in the WEI score on graphics with SLI on or off.

The maximum WEI score is 7.9 in Windows 7, I don't see any issues here?

Pretty sure you need over 4Ghz, 12Gb of ram to get 7.9.

Maybe 4Ghz, but ram is calculated on access tests, not amount.

Thanks... I will upgrade to that spec when I get a chance...

Are you kidding? :/

This ^

Do people really get a thrill off trying to get max WEI? Seriously?

You seem like you've just built this system to show off your WEI stats... lulz... :/

and this v

Plus the WEI isn't important anyway..

Didn't you make a thread about the rig you were going to make and we told you not to buy 2x 450's?

This ^

Do people really get a thrill off trying to get max WEI? Seriously?

You seem like you've just built this system to show off your WEI stats... lulz... :/

and this v

Crisps: It's my first time having a really powerful CPU and I thought that would max the rating... I still believe that it should but people say it's normal... I think that a 6 Core CPU would max out the WEI... and I want to know if my rating is normal... but I am satisfied from what people tell me...

watchthisspace: Nope I didn't make a thread about the rig I were going to build... I post a thread that I have the items on ORDER and it's coming any day... Cos someone was asking for a suggestion about how much to spend under 4K... I show him that I got all mine for 1.6k... And when someone mention say not to buy, I had already order it...

The lowest scoring item in any category in WEI is what your score is. Your lowest area is graphics. Overclocking your cpu/adding memory/changing harddrives will do nothing to raise your lower graphics score, and the WEI is always based on the lowest area aka the "bottleneck".

And you say this is a new rig but you bought old graphics cards? You should at the very least have 5xx geforce cards if not 6xx. When you buy old stuff, expect lower scores.

The lowest scoring item in any category in WEI is what your score is. Your lowest area is graphics. Overclocking your cpu/adding memory/changing harddrives will do nothing to raise your lower graphics score, and the WEI is always based on the lowest area aka the "bottleneck".

And you say this is a new rig but you bought old graphics cards? You should at the very least have 5xx geforce cards if not 6xx. When you buy old stuff, expect lower scores.

Well, the only reason I created this post is because this is something new to me. I thought a 6 Core would max out the WEI rating but I am ".1" short of the max rating which confuses me. The graphic isn't what bothers or confuses me. It's the processor calculation.

Does your systme run fine? If so just ignore the score, it's only for people with massive heads who want ot blag on abotu how good their system is....

Yeah system runs smooth... It was odd that I didn't get max CPU WEI rating that boggles me.