New Rig But Why Low Score?

Does your systme run fine? If so just ignore the score, it's only for people with massive heads who want ot blag on abotu how good their system is....

Exactly what I was going to say!. Too much emphasys on benchmarking peoples system, if it runs as you like then what is the issue? Benchmarks are synthetic results anyway, want a true result of how your PC runs then use it!!

Ofcourse you will have a low score. 7.9 can be easily achieved by using a WEI hacktool. You can also edit the xml files. That will also save you money spent on upgrades.

I am surprised by the cpu score myself, the computer I using at moment has;

Core 2 Quad, Q8300 @ 2.5GHz

8GB memory @ 800MHz

And I get the following results from it

post-23540-0-92601400-1335340244.jpg

(Incase you are wondering the gfx card is a Radeon HD 4350 as I haven't found any need to upgrade it with what I use computer for thats why it is low score :) )

Its pointless upgrading your PC to get a better WEI score, Windows 8 will almost certainly have a higher cap, probably 10. Vista had 5.9, Windows 7 was upped to 7.9.

Are you kidding? :/

No matter what anyone says to the OP - he obviously has a hard on for something most enthusiasts could care less about.

Krome - You seem pretty gung ho on that CPU - anyone ever tell you that for most people/software CPU doesnt make a big difference ? LOL

Not sure what you're gonna use this pc for but I would have gone about a few things differently FWIW.

Just curious, what PSU are you using ?

Oh, BTW you realize you could have spent 1/2 that amount on the CPU and probably come out alot better, right ? Just sayin

Ofcourse you will have a low score. 7.9 can be easily achieved by using a WEI hacktool. You can also edit the xml files. That will also save you money spent on upgrades.

uhhhhh WTF are you babbling about ?

WEI scores are superficial and these current scores will be outdated after release of W8 right? The OP is not happy with his score. So he has 2 options.

1. Buy powerful hardware by spending even more cash

2. Hack WEI score and be happy about it.

3. (Hidden option) Suck it up and move on..

Basically like everyone else, I am asking him to ignore that score all together.

Well, no wonder why...The GTS 450 is a **** card, SLI or not (for WEI). If you want to get your 7.9 score, get at least a GTX 560 Ti or GTX 570.

WEI scores are superficial and these current scores will be outdated after release of W8 right? The OP is not happy with his score. So he has 2 options.

1. Buy powerful hardware by spending even more cash

2. Hack WEI score and be happy about it.

3. (Hidden option) Suck it up and move on..

Basically like everyone else, I am asking him to ignore that score all together.

OOOoooohhhhhh LOL -

I was thinking, "what in the world ???"

I am surprised by the cpu score myself, the computer I using at moment has;

Core 2 Quad, Q8300 @ 2.5GHz

8GB memory @ 800MHz

And I get the following results from it

post-23540-0-92601400-1335340244.jpg

(Incase you are wondering the gfx card is a Radeon HD 4350 as I haven't found any need to upgrade it with what I use computer for thats why it is low score :) )

You see, that is why I wonder what in the world is wrong with WEI. You have Core 2 Quad 2.5GHz and you come close to max WEI while I have a 6 Core HyperThread (12 Core total), and the WEI is almost the same as yours. That's what boggles me and that's why I created this post. I want some explanation and very happy with the assurance people gave me so far. I thought I musta done something wrong to get a low WEI points. The GPU isn't something I am worried. Just the CPU that I spent so much money on and only get a tiny bump on the WEI that bugs me.

Its pointless upgrading your PC to get a better WEI score, Windows 8 will almost certainly have a higher cap, probably 10. Vista had 5.9, Windows 7 was upped to 7.9.

Yeah I thought it is that but it's just that it does not make sense with the really expensive CPU and the WEI point that does not scale properly that got me wonder.

No matter what anyone says to the OP - he obviously has a hard on for something most enthusiasts could care less about.

Krome - You seem pretty gung ho on that CPU - anyone ever tell you that for most people/software CPU doesnt make a big difference ? LOL

Not sure what you're gonna use this pc for but I would have gone about a few things differently FWIW.

Just curious, what PSU are you using ?

Oh, BTW you realize you could have spent 1/2 that amount on the CPU and probably come out alot better, right ? Just sayin

TEX4S: I understand your sentiment towards my inquiry but I thought that I musta done something wrong. Because I see many people with Core 2 Quad and their WEI is maxed while I have an expensive CPU and I can only rack up a tiny score against the Quad Core.

I am using a 1000W PSU.

i'd build a new rig if i was you....that's a pretty embarrassing score.

Yeah I know... the score looks wrong... and my PC is probably over-priced for what the WEI spits out.

As others have said, WEI is pointless. Especially the graphics score... the score it gave you doesn't take into account that you have dual cards.

Also as other have said, you need 4.2-4.3 GHz on your CPU to get 7.9. Again, I don't think the number of cores affects the score all that much.

You see, that is why I wonder what in the world is wrong with WEI. You have Core 2 Quad 2.5GHz and you come close to max WEI while I have a 6 Core HyperThread (12 Core total), and the WEI is almost the same as yours. That's what boggles me and that's why I created this post. I want some explanation and very happy with the assurance people gave me so far. I thought I musta done something wrong to get a low WEI points. The GPU isn't something I am worried. Just the CPU that I spent so much money on and only get a tiny bump on the WEI that bugs me.

Yeah I thought it is that but it's just that it does not make sense with the really expensive CPU and the WEI point that does not scale properly that got me wonder.

TEX4S: I understand your sentiment towards my inquiry but I thought that I musta done something wrong. Because I see many people with Core 2 Quad and their WEI is maxed while I have an expensive CPU and I can only rack up a tiny score against the Quad Core.

I am using a 1000W PSU.

Yeah I know... the score looks wrong... and my PC is probably over-priced for what the WEI spits out.

What brand ? again, its just because Im curious what parts you have chosen.

Just as important as the wattage rating, the brand-quality has to be there. Otherwise you have ~1000W of unstable go go juice.

post-3017-0-79432300-1335402095_thumb.gi

Intel Core i7 2600

12gb Kingston Hyper-X ram (Running at 1333mhz)

Crucial M4 128gb SSD

So yeah, the thing just plainly sucks.