Al Gore inducted into Internet Hall of Fame

GENEVA ? Former Vice President Al Gore, who is often chided by comedians and political rivals for claiming to have invented the Internet, was inducted into the Internet Hall of Fame Tuesday.

Gore and 32 other Internet pioneers, innovators and global connectors were announced as part of the hall of fame's inaugural class at the Internet Society's Global INET 2012 conference in Geneva.

Gore, whose actual quote in 1999 was, "I took the initiative in creating the Internet," was praised by the Internet Society as a global connector for "sponsoring legislation that funded the expansion of and greater public access to the Internet."

"Instrumental in helping to create the 'Information Superhighway,' Gore was one of the first government officials to recognize that the Internet's impact could reach beyond academia to fuel educational and economic growth as well," the group's description of Gore states.

more

post-37120-0-52906100-1335381550_thumb.j

Kinda of funny that you don't hear his stupid ass talking about "Global Warming" anymore. What a douche.

He tried to scare people to profit off of their fears no different than Juliani time during 9/11

Let's face it, most of the initial research for "the internet" was done in the UK..

And actualized in 1969 by the DoD with the deployment of the Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (ARPANET.)

^ Indeed. The point being, Al Gore had <bleep!> all to do with it. Hell, I was using the internet before 1999, so how could I have if he created it then? :p

Al Gore only got involved with the 'Internet' because President Bush 1 put him on the commission to study if expansion of the then current research network was worth it and should it be opened up to the public. He was one of about 11 that were acting on the orders of the president.