The original 'Google Phone' that never made it

Much like iOS. Here's a phone where everything aesthetically looks like the original version, but wait, here are additional features we stole from other mobile OS's!

you know notifications was actually them stealing it from a iphone dev that released the same thing via cydia for jailbroken devices since like iOS 3 right? not from android? apple even hired that dev for iOS 5...

you know notifications was actually them stealing it from a iphone dev that released the same thing via cydia for jailbroken devices since like iOS 3 right? not from android? apple even hired that dev for iOS 5...

which tweak?

either way it did end up looking strikingly similar to Androids notification center (wouldn't be surprised if that's what the tweak was based off of) in either case it was functionality that the iPhone needed anyway

Oh, yeah, I remember when everyone was getting hyped about a, "gPhone," & instead we got the phone OS, Android.

Oh, yeah, I remember when everyone was getting hyped about a, "gPhone," & instead we got the phone OS, Android.

And thus began the Moto Droid ads (some of those first droid ads were pretty cool)

hmm, I actually don't remember that one, I usually used LockInfo on my iTouch which added similar functionality

lockinfo is awesome. i still use it. that and SBSetting are the reason i will never have a non jailbroken iphone.

<<Thread Cleaned>> Stay on topic guys.

Gold Five: Stay on target.

Gold Leader: *We're too close!*

Gold Five: Stay on target!

In related topicness, thank goodness that phone never saw the light of day.

I just wish you ddin't have to root to take screenshots in droid they should have had that built in....

That comes down to the manufacturer's software. Sony phones have allowed screenshots for a few generations now on stock software. My Xperia Arc allowed it and so does my Xperia S.

I just wish you ddin't have to root to take screenshots in droid they should have had that built in....

You don't with ice cream sandwich, it's built in :)

---

As an aside, yes Google has blatantly taken ideas from ios and the iPhone, as Apple has taken ideas from Android and phones running Android.

Companies create devices they want to sell to lots of consumers, so it wouldn't make any sense if they tried to make something wildly different to what was popular at the time.

If Google brought out the phone in the op, who would buy it? Not many :p not after the iPhone was out anyway...

I only have Gingerbread :-( sadface.png and ICS will not work on my LG Optimus S very well... some have gotten it to but it was crap. anothersadface.png