Gun carrying man ends stabbing spree at Salt Lake grocery store

Nothing in your rant contains any actual information worth responding to. And note that a poor debater does more harm for their side than good.

So may I politely suggest that you take a little time to better formulate and edit your future responses? Especially if you want to be taken seriously.

You are a poor debater, you don't use any facts, you claim the actual facts are not true because of your opinion... and the list goes on. Like he said, you are the joke of this thread.

Here is another fact for you. Numerous studies have been done and shown that in a given situation, a cop is more likely to take a risky shot that hits an innocent bystander than a person with a CC in the exact same situation. Again, come up with real facts that are not based on your imagination and people might actually take you seriously. Until then, you are the joke of the thread.

Since you're the one who doesn't seem to respect my Constitutional right to disagree with your position in the same way that I DO respect your right to bear arms (just not assault weapons, home arsenals, hollow point ammunition, etc. etc.), why don't you get out first? 8P

No where in any post did I say you can't have an opinion. You are not talking about an opinion only. You are literally saying that citizens are should lose a right. I am saying they should keep a right. Anyone who believes that taking rights away from someone that hasn't done anything wrong does not belong in the USA.

I am an expert marksman with handguns, rifles, and assault rifles. I am therefore neither ignorant about them nor afraid of them.

Then you should know that most assault rifles pale in power next to most any hunting rifle, especially the 5.56 NATO whose ballistics are very close to the .223 Remington hunting round it is derived from (most often used on woodchucks, prairie wolves and other smallish vermin in these parts) and the .308 NATO which was derived from the .308 Winchester, another largely deer hunting round.

Collections are necessary for multi-season hunters, especially if they're also target shooters, just because of using the right tool for the job. For pistols it's more what outfit you may be wearing; a .500 Mag or .50AE is great for pistol hunting but rather tough to conceal. How many screwdrivers, drill bits & hammers does the average homeowner or mechanic own? Same idea.

My friends and colleagues in law enforcement believe that the biggest threat they face next to hollow point bullets in the hands of crackheads are armchair warriors who carry concealed weapons without the proper training in their use...training professionals get DAILY to keep from making life-altering mistakes.

>

FYI to get a concealed carry license in the vast majority of states applicants has to take classes, usually taught by police officers or the same instructors that train police cadets, and submit to a background check. My sessions were taught by the Police Commissioner, and he had several pieces of advice;

• don't fire warning shots - shoot to kill. Every warning shot has the potential to hurt an innocent.

• use HST, Hydra-Shok or some other advanced round to put 'em down quick, again reducing the number of rounds fired and the risk

• don't use the FMJ (full metal jacket) rounds because they are far more likely to over-penetrate, pass out of your attacker and hit an innocent.

Also: banning or restricting hollow points is hopeless because any bad guy can make their own hollow points - just take a FMJ and apply a drill. Bits up to the task cost <$1 and a cheap table press is $20 at any hock shop. Alternatively, they can make a cut-shell - use a small saw to cut an X in the nose of the bullet.

Any "expert" should know all of that :whistle:

Then you should know that most assault rifles pale in power next to most any hunting rifle, especially the 5.56 NATO whose ballistics are very close to the .223 Remington hunting round it is derived from (most often used on woodchucks, prairie wolves and other smallish vermin in these parts) and the .308 NATO which was derived from the .308 Winchester, another largely deer hunting round.

Collections are necessary for multi-season hunters, especially if they're also target shooters, just because of using the right tool for the job. For pistols it's more what outfit you may be wearing; a .500 Mag or .50AE is great for pistol hunting but rather tough to conceal. How many screwdrivers, drill bits & hammers does the average homeowner or mechanic own? Same idea.

FYI to get a concealed carry license in the vast majority of states applicants has to take classes, usually taught by police officers or the same instructors that train police cadets, and submit to a background check. My sessions were taught by the Police Commissioner, and he had several pieces of advice;

• don't fire warning shots - shoot to kill. Every warning shot has the potential to hurt an innocent.

• use HST, Hydra-Shok or some other advanced round to put 'em down quick, again reducing the number of rounds fired and the risk

• don't use the FMJ (full metal jacket) rounds because they are far more likely to over-penetrate, pass out of your attacker and hit an innocent.

Also: banning or restricting hollow points is hopeless because any bad guy can make their own hollow points - just take a FMJ and apply a drill. Bits up to the task cost <$1 and a cheap table press is $20 at any hock shop. Alternatively, they can make a cut-shell - use a small saw to cut an X in the nose of the bullet.

Ive made a hallow point before, not hard at all.

Any "expert" should know all of that...

And nothing in any of my previous posts contradicts anything you've said (that was actually true and factual), does it?

If you've been properly trained, great! Not every state does this as you yourself said. Would you at least agree with me that every state should do this?

I do. And nothing in any of my previous posts contradicts anything (that was actually factual) you've said, did it?

If you've been properly trained, great! Not every state does this as you yourself said. Would you at least agree with me that every state should do this?

You ever heard of "Multi Quoting?" You don't need multiple posts in order to quote two different people. The button is down there (N)

That's to the state and its people & legislature. This is a Federalist Republic with a large degree of state home rule after all.

Even here in Michigan with our requirement for permits & classes for concealed carry there is no permif or training requirement for un-concealed (AKA open) carry. It's been that way since 1947, and at times (ex: hunting season) you'll see someone walking around town with a pistol on their hip and a rifle or shotgun strapped over their shoulder. No biggie.