What's your smartphone? And what ROM are you using?

Sandvold ICS 0.5.1 was the last one I tried, with both stock and tiamat kernels, in a sudden "ICS looks so w00t" surge. Didn't seem to have noticeable battery improvements. And it had this uselessly tinny bass boost for some reason. My ears probably thanked for it but the rest of me said "nope, won't do" :) And then some generic ICS app compatibility issues I couldn't be arsed to see to, so I ran for my backup soon.

Generally, "can't be arsed" characterizes me the best these days, so I haven't tried MIUI at all, nor even Oxygen (which is said to have the most exceptional battery life). I'm often pondering on jumping smartphone ship and going for Nokia 103 or the likes.

I have an old Nokia 5230 pseudo-smartphone you can buy. :shifty:

Sandvold ICS 0.5.1 was the last one I tried, with both stock and tiamat kernels, in a sudden "ICS looks so w00t" surge. Didn't seem to have noticeable battery improvements. And it had this uselessly tinny bass boost for some reason. My ears probably thanked for it but the rest of me said "nope, won't do" :) And then some generic ICS app compatibility issues I couldn't be arsed to see to, so I ran for my backup soon.

Generally, "can't be arsed" characterizes me the best these days, so I haven't tried MIUI at all, nor even Oxygen (which is said to have the most exceptional battery life). I'm often pondering on jumping smartphone ship and going for Nokia 103 or the likes.

So you leavin' the Android world? :(

Don't go without trying some other roms first :) I really suggest MIUI. Right now I'm trying another ICS (COS).

Once you get used to ICS enviroment it's hard to settle for anything less, but I got a lot of patience to try around, even when I find the most convenient one, I hardly give up looking for other sutf.

IT personality I guess.... or geeky lol

Battery life. I can barely get through the day with my moderate use of things.

I think it's a problem with the HTC Desire. My Desire suffers the same issue, and so did my friend's old Desire. After a couple of years the battery starts to drain really quickly. Mine barely goes 12 hours with limited use before I need to recharge the battery.

I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction as I haven't found very much info.

Samsung Stratosphere- Gingerbread

Wondering if Honeycomb or ICS is available for this phone (directions if possible).

TY!

HTC Sensation 4G running CoinDroid (Sense 4.0) with Bricked Kernel OCed at 1.56ghz

Anker 1900mah battery as well, gets me about 20+ hours a day.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S I9000 with Android 2.3.6 which has the crappy TouchWiz UI.

I had used CyanogenMod 7.1 but it found it had issues with stability, although it was fast, i'm waiting for CyanogenMod 9 but it would be good to find a stock ROM without TouchWiz just don't know where to look.

I'm also hoping to aquire an Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc very soon.

HTC HD2 running Hyperdroid v5.9.0 (based on CM7) waiting for ICS builds to get better.

It might be old, but thanks to some talented people it can run just about anything.

It 'll run WP6.5, WP7, Android, or even MeeGo (if that's your thing). Some even have a dualboot setup.

HTC HD2 running Hyperdroid v5.9.0 (based on CM7) waiting for ICS builds to get better.

It might be old, but thanks to some talented people it can run just about anything.

It 'll run WP6.5, WP7, Android, or even MeeGo (if that's your thing). Some even have a dualboot setup.

That's pretty amazing. I wish all phones were that flexible :(

Also, 35 posts in 11 years is equally amazing!

I still want an HD2 just to play around with one. About to pick one up on craigslist. Anything I should look for besides the usual water damage sticker and and such? Thanks. And how much should I expect to pay?

Also, 35 posts in 11 years is equally amazing!

I suppose I lurk more than most. :)

I still want an HD2 just to play around with one. About to pick one up on craigslist. Anything I should look for besides the usual water damage sticker and and such? Thanks. And how much should I expect to pay?

I don't know what to look for in a used HD2, I bought mine shortly after release. I will say that if you intend to use it much, I would get an extended battery for it. If I remember correctly, the stock battery wouldn't last 8hrs just listening to music.

Samsung Galaxy Note.

Haven't get those ROM figured out so, I'm gonna' stick with GB for a while. :D

I have a Samsung Galaxy S I9000 with Android 2.3.6 which has the crappy TouchWiz UI.

I had used CyanogenMod 7.1 but it found it had issues with stability, although it was fast, i'm waiting for CyanogenMod 9 but it would be good to find a stock ROM without TouchWiz just don't know where to look.

I'm also hoping to aquire an Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc very soon.

**Update**

I installed AOKP ICS Milestone 5 based on 4.0.4 and i have to say its really excellent, its fast and fluid, the only bug that i know of is the slow GPS lock but it should be fixed in upcoming releases.

If you don't know about AOKP then check it out http://forum.aokp.co/page/news

Nokia Lumia 800.

Windows Phone 7.10.8107.79

Firmware 1600.2487.8107.12070

Galaxy Nexus with stock 4.0.1 (probably won't see 4.0.4 officially since Telstra won't release it, claiming "we are not entitled to it").

EDIT: Before people say it, I know I can root it and update it to 4.0.4 myself but as I said in another thread I'd rather keep my warranty. Towards the end of the 2 year contract (only just started this one) I will probably tinker with custom ROMs then like I did with my HTC Desire.

Galaxy Nexus with stock 4.0.1 (probably won't see 4.0.4 officially since Telstra won't release it, claiming "we are not entitled to it").

EDIT: Before people say it, I know I can root it and update it to 4.0.4 myself but as I said in another thread I'd rather keep my warranty. Towards the end of the 2 year contract (only just started this one) I will probably tinker with custom ROMs then like I did with my HTC Desire.

Makes me glad I bought the SIM free Galaxy Nexus then, the yakju version, so I get all my updates direct from Google. No carriers making stupid excuses why I won't get any updates.

Makes me glad I bought the SIM free Galaxy Nexus then, the yakju version, so I get all my updates direct from Google. No carriers making stupid excuses why I won't get any updates.

Yeah, unfortunately the only way I can afford such a phone like the Galaxy Nexus is to get it on a 2 year contract. So as much as it sucks, I just grin and bear it :p However, if Telstra keep this "not entitled" attitude up, I might decide to root sooner then later (I mean really, the main appeal of the Galaxy Nexus is it's a pure Google experience that is first to be updated and then Telstra go around and claim they don't have to update it..a class action lawsuit was filed but thrown out of court.)

HTC Desire HD running Lordmod Ice Cold Sandwich which is ICS 4.04