Patch My PC - Not bad, not bad at all.

application

111 replies to this topic

#106 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 May 2013 - 18:52

Nah no point.

Most of the program will notify u with the latest update anyway. I like to check for them sometimes too also drivers and crap can be updated in Windows update!

Windows update only has WHQL drivers tested by Microsoft, they aren't even the latest version of the drivers.

#107 Studio384

Studio384

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Windows Phone 8.1 Update

Posted 02 May 2013 - 18:57

Since when does Windows Update download updates for programs like firefox, adobe flash and skype?

Both Firefox and Flash have their own automatic update, so why you should need another one. And for Skype: if I'm not wrong, since fall 2012.

#108 Marshall

Marshall

▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅

• Tech Issues Solved: 7

Posted 02 May 2013 - 19:13

Both Firefox and Flash have their own automatic update, so why you should need another one. And for Skype: if I'm not wrong, since fall 2012.

I think the major advantage is after reformatting someones computer. Select what you want installed/updated, and walk away.

#109 ]SK[

]SK[

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 02 May 2013 - 19:24

Nice. I liked the idea but thought, ugh another piece of software to install and slow down my PC. Thought I would give it a chance anyway. Well, what do you know. A standalone small .exe and no installation!

As others have said great tool for fixing your family's slow malware ridden laptops ;)

#110 OP +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 19:38

I think the major advantage is after reformatting someones computer. Select what you want installed/updated, and walk away.

Also for updating the average users PC. This is what the average persons computer looks like, or at least the type of PC I see "Almost" everyday!

Works great for remote assistance and computers in my office.. I click update and it updates every single one of those applications automatically.

Posted Image

#111 OP +warwagon

warwagon

Posted 15 September 2013 - 23:33

Wow, Judging from the Def date in the screen shot i've been using this for quite a while!

#112 OP +warwagon

warwagon

Posted 16 September 2014 - 15:41

This program as a computer repair tech is fracking invaluable.