Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 Trailer

Not based around WW2 or an operation desert storm scenario? Will get just because of this.. Black Ops was one of the first CoD games I had liked in awhile as well.

I'm surprised by so many comments about the engine quality. Frankly, their rendering engines sucked when the CoD titles were first released way-back-when. In the end, the only thing they need to do is improve the image quality a bit then most people will be satisfied enough to enjoy the game.

Strange: I watched the trailer thinking about a so-so game but it did manage to raise my interest in that game. I might be interested for the solo campaign, not for the multi.

It is still quite true that the engine is decaying at this point.

Not really had much interest CoD. Played some of the SP in MW3 and it was just horrible. At least the MP made up for it, but I prefer Black Ops MP over MW3. MW3 just felt like a step backwards.

IMO, they should release one MP only game and just release DLC for it.

I think I'll just hold off for Halo 4. The current beta graphics in H4 are so much better than BO2. Also, Halo's physics engine is so much nicer than cod's dated ragdoll system.

Frank Woods lives! Loved the guy in Black Ops, and awesome he's coming back, knew he wasn't dead! But why does he sound like Makarov all of a sudden? And by my calculations he ought to be at least 90 by the time of this game, which I guess is 2025? Anyway, this does look like a huge FU to all of us who've been complaining about the same old, so now we get horses real and robotic! I liked Black Ops SP a lot, and will get this for sure. Just hope Treyarch don't do the stupid IP locking for the DLC again. And while a new engine would be nice, why would they bother? Microsoft and Sony have become lazy asses and willfully reluctant to move on, why would any developer spend time and effort on new tech? Besides, I think both Black Ops and MW3 look good, and I'm a huge graphics guy.

The PC version is going to support DX11 graphics (see here). I don't think there's any word on the specifics (e.g. tessellation, soft shadows, etc). Also, the game is going to feature some non-linear elements in the single-player campaign. So far, I like what I've read about Black Ops 2. I look forward to what Treyarch comes up with for zombie mode.

Strange: I watched the trailer thinking about a so-so game but it did manage to raise my interest in that game. I might be interested for the solo campaign, not for the multi.

It is still quite true that the engine is decaying at this point.

I havn't been interested in multiplayer CoD since Modern Warefare, which i believe still stands as the better game.

I'll be getting the game, but only for Single Player, it's sort of a must.

Please someone update the damn engine!

I really liked BO when it came out, seemed like a more refined, mature version of MW2 but the damn graphics are so bad and the idiosyncrasies of the engine really showed the flaws. I'll probably buy this because it'll be interesting to follow the story on from BO.

Please someone update the damn engine!

I really liked BO when it came out, seemed like a more refined, mature version of MW2 but the damn graphics are so bad and the idiosyncrasies of the engine really showed the flaws. I'll probably buy this because it'll be interesting to follow the story on from BO.

It would be pretty pointless for them to start making massive upgrades on the engine at this stage.

Well after reading the 48 points on BOII I think I will change my stance. Might actually be good and the script is written by the co-writer of The Dark Knight.

...the script is written my the co-writer of The Dark Knight.

I must admit, I wasn't even considering this game until you mentioned that bit. I should probably think about getting MW3 first though, but I'm waiting for that to drop in price.

Anaron, what do you mean non-linear elements? that will be quite interesting for a COD game! i think even Acti and the studios are feeling the fatigue and trying new things, which might be good.

It's nice to see that Treyarch are taking a few risks with the game (modern/future setting, more non-linear elements, performance factoring into the story's outcome, etc.), and I actually thought that the trailer was pretty decent once you look past the awful graphics. That being said, I'm feeling really burnt out on the whole faux-realistic style of FPS. I bought Modern Warfare 3 on the 360 and Battlefield 3 on the PC, and neither of them could really hold my interest. It probably has more to do with personal preference and personal mindset than anything else, but I can't help but look at the Black Ops II trailer and think "oh... another one these games".

Still though, there's nothing wrong with enjoying these games, despite what the CoD haters might tell you. The multiplayer should be good fun, and people with Elite subscriptions should hopefully be well cared for.

Well after reading the 48 points on BOII I think I will change my stance. Might actually be good and the script is written by the co-writer of The Dark Knight.

He wrote Black Ops 1 aswell.