Macbook Pro i7 - Ram Issues

Can someone please look over this usage and let me know if something is running unusually high amounts of memory or is 4GB of ram just not enough to cope with mundane tasks in these new MBP's?

My 2008 MBP at home is on Leopard and doesn't use as much ram as this Lion machine so maybe it is that?

Just looking for some info so I can take it to my boss and ask for more ram. Seriously over maxing out my ram throughout the day where I can get the amount of ram available down to 5MB when I am working on PSD's + dreamweaver or any other IDE. Frustrating as hell.

Thoughts?

post-179373-0-61115200-1336002839_thumb.

I think you should upgrade to 8GB... Lion is a resource-hog compared to earlier OSX versions. Everything is getting ready for retina displays..

This is pathetic.. I had to reboot to reclaim some memory. I knew Safari was a resource hog but this is over the top.

So is it safe to assume a good portion of the mac market using the same specs as me are experiencing the same issues? I.e. maxing out their ram?

If using Safari, yes. The beta of the next Safari update is a lot better though.