mmo skyrim elder scrolls

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 (Spork)

(Spork)

ANDROID-APPLE

• 4,786 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 16:24

A massively multiplayer online origin game based in the Elder Scrolls universe was unveiled today by Bethesda and ZeniMax Online Studios over on Game Informer.

The Elder Scrolls Online, featured on the upcoming magazine's June cover, will include three playable factions and takes place a millennium before Skyrim. Due out next year on both PC and Mac, the game will have players fighting against the daedric prince Molag Bal who is trying to pull all of Tamriel into his demonic realm.

"It will be extremely rewarding finally to unveil what we have been developing the last several years," game director and MMO veteran Matt Firor told Game Informer. "The entire team is committed to creating the best MMO ever made - and one that is worthy of The Elder Scrolls franchise."

The game's solo questing, public dungeons and player-driven PvP will all be detailed in the upcoming June issue of Game Informer, set to hit stands and subscriber mailboxes this month. PvP, the mag reports, pits the game's three factions against one another in open-world warfare "over the province of Cyrodiil and the Emperor's throne itself."

We can also expect to hear much more about the upcoming massively multiplayer online game at E3 and Quakecon 2012, most likely.

http://www.theverge....ine-mmo-details

Posted Image

#2 Miuku.

Miuku.

A damned noob

• 4,885 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 16:25

<insert sinking Titanic>

Biggest flop ever incoming? Takes Bethesda down too? /gasp!

#3 ScorpioRGc1

ScorpioRGc1

Neowinian Senior

• 1,619 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 16:29

Heh, so all the TES MMO rumors were true after all. This looks like it could be pretty interesting, especially as long as Bethesda still gives us Skyrim content and eventually more singleplayer TES games.

#4 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,518 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 16:30

I've got to say, the thing I enjoy about Skyrim and the Fallout series is the fact that it feels like an MMO without being one. I know that I can load up the game and play with something that feels like a living World. The problem with MMO's is that the population may grow and become huge, but several years from now there won't be the same number of players that there was, and the place will start to feel deserted.

With that said, if I were to get back in to MMO's, I'd certainly consider this as an option.

#5 Ently

Ently

Neowinian Senior

• 1,831 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 16:31

WHAT? ... I don't know how I feel about this :/ but I guess we will have to wait until we see some gameplay footage to judge but playing an Elder Scrolls game multi player is... well weird.

Edit: I just hope that they continue to make the Single Player series separate to this as well.

#6 simplezz

simplezz

Neowinian Senior

• 2,844 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 16:31

If it's anything like Skyrim Bethesda could have a major hit on its hands.

#7 CentralDogma

CentralDogma

Neowinian Senior

• 2,150 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 16:32

This could go very bad.

#8 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,033 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1u1

Posted 03 May 2012 - 16:33

Take my money please!!!

#9 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,824 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 16:34

Not sure Bethesda is up to the task.

#10 Vice

Vice

Bye!

• 15,877 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 16:35

They might do a great job at it. Especially if they keep to the quality of their RPGs. Personally I'm not a fan of the Elder Scrolls series but I have faith they can make a game that will please their fans.

#11 Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Neowinian Senior

• 6,323 posts
  • OS: Win 8.1 Pro, iOS7, OSX 10.7, Ubuntu/WinXP system Died the Good Death

Posted 03 May 2012 - 17:04

This could be good, just don't expect Skyrim level of detail.

Although I use the mod Warzones Civil Unrest, so it possible to draw a lot onscreen. Just all of that is AI and standard units, not all the options/perks of players

#12 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 7,995 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 03 May 2012 - 17:07

As good as this may be. With GW2 just around the corner, and WoW's continued place at the top, it has a battle on it's hands before any detail is even known. Could it work? Yea, I mean they have the RPG stuff down, however an rpg does not an mmorpg make.

#13 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• 10,195 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 03 May 2012 - 17:09

Not surprised. They registered elderscrollsonline.com or so a good while back.

Hopefully they can put it together well enough. :)

#14 Tharp Daddy

Tharp Daddy

Indeed!

• 1,631 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 17:09

Bethesda has no experience with online games, and their games are buggy as is without being MMOs. This could go badly, but i honestly think it will go really well. They have some well named developers on board for it, and i trust bethesda.

#15 +imachip

imachip

Neowinian

• 1,029 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 17:11

Great, 100 other people doing the same quest, starting in the same area. Training the same skills, doing the same thing then zerged by some 10 year old that's played 200 hours a week.

I enjoy being the center of a story, not being a small part of it. They should've concentrating on expanding Skyrim or make a sequel rather than this in my opinion.