Elder Scrolls Online' turns popular role-playing game into an MMO

This^

Also, BW had never done a MMORPG, and STWOR is a pretty damn good game. They got teh single player aspects right, didnt ok with with the mmorpg aspects, but are constantly improving.

The big question is what will it do differently to existing MMOs? If it's a rehash of the same style gameplay then it's going to end up like SWTOR and have huge hype but start to taper off and die rather quickly.

1 why does it need to be different? Wow does a damn good job I just like enjoying the worlds I play in.

2 Why is this not in the gaming section lol?

I'll reserve judgment. I love the idea, but Bethesda might not be able to execute it properly.

Bethesda has no experience with online games, and their games are buggy as is without being MMOs. This could go badly, but i honestly think it will go really well. They have some well named developers on board for it, and i trust bethesda.

They would be using a different engine for that... and Gamebryo was buggy as hell.

The leaks are out there... I want to like it and I have hope, but I just pray that I doesn't hurt the single player series, which it shouldn't (different studios). It's third person and kind of cartoony, kind of reminded me of Redguard, visually. Just by looking, the world looks more static, which isn't surprising. Still, if they can incorporate some of the interactivity and depth from the main seres in, ll be impressed. But if you take that out, there's not much left. I'm hoping for more Ultma Online, less WoW.

• 6 months later...

It looks incredibly bland in every aspect. From the armor and weapons to the combat, to the player models and animations. The only thing that actually looks nice about the game is that it has a vibrant looking world. I understand that the footage they use in that video *might* be early alpha/beta quality and that they might have been refined since. But if it's not? I'm really not digging the art direction.

All in all it looks like it's trying to do exactly what? GW2 is doing. We'll see how? it competes eventually, I guess.

And why is this thread not in the pc gaming section?