Hunger Games: Catching Fire

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You know, I was actually excited to see this movie and the next one...until I finished the third book earlier this month. What a terrible, depressing, anti-climactic ending for a series that was pretty good up until the last couple of chapters. I haven't been that disappointed since witnessing the garbage that was Mass Effect 3's ending.

At this point I'm only interested in seeing the movie because I'll get to see more Jennifer Lawrence.

At this point I'm only interested in seeing the movie because I'll get to see more Jennifer Lawrence.

The only reason really :p

1377882071.gif

• 2 weeks later...

You know, I was actually excited to see this movie and the next one...until I finished the third book earlier this month. What a terrible, depressing, anti-climactic ending for a series that was pretty good up until the last couple of chapters. I haven't been that disappointed since witnessing the garbage that was Mass Effect 3's ending.

While I always root for the heroes all throughout the series, I'm fine with the depressing endings. Kind of reflects how screwed the world is on that fictional time.

Jennifer Lawrence is something we can agree on, though. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, these movies are pretty bad. A bunch of 20-25 year olds that are supposed to be 15? And Jennifer Lawrence is beautiful, but I have to agree with past critics, she doesn't fit the role at all as she's far from looking like a starved child. The poor casting of the movies clashes far too much with the story. Was there ever a reasoning given for why the casting is so far off from the reality of the book?

The first book was pretty good. The second book was awful. I didn't bother with the third because I heard it was even worse.

1st book is ok, 2nd book is slow at the beginning, then it's ok, third book is terrible, because it doesn't follows the logic of its own history just in order to bring sadness to the reader.

2013-09-26_20-11-36.jpg

Here?s the tracklist, followed by the press release:

1.     ?Atlas? ? Coldplay

2.     ?Silhouettes? ? Of Monsters and Men

3.     ?Elastic Heart? ? Sia (ft. The Weeknd & Diplo)

4.     ?Lean? ? The National

5.     ?We Remain? ? Christina Aguilera

6.     ?Devil May Cry? ? The Weeknd

7.     ?Who We Are? ? Imagine Dragons

8.     ?Everybody Wants To Rule The World? ? Lorde

9.     ?Gale Song? ? The Lumineers

10.  ?Mirrors? ? Ellie Goulding

11.  ?Capital Letter? ? Patti Smith

12.  ?Shooting Arrows At The Sky? ? Santigold

13.  ?Place For Us? ? Mikky Ekko

14.  ?Lights? ? Phantogram

15.  ?Angel On Fire? ? Antony and the Johnsons

I don't understand the popularity of this, the first movie was utter crap. The book was much better, I presume (?)

I thought the books were decent. Certainly much better than the movies (so far anyway). The movie seemed design to attract 13 year old viewers.

The ideas behind the books is more intriguing than the writing. It reminds me of the early Foundation books by Isaac Asimov, where the ideas were fantastic but the writing was mediocre.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You know, I've gotten to the point where I wish they would have plain, ordinary actors for these parts, instead of all the pretty faces. It just looks so unrealistic for everyone to be so good looking.