Microsoft kills Windows Live brand

They're retiring the "Windows Live" branding, not the "Live" branding. So Xbox Live is safe.

It'll be come merely X-box or something

Soooo right now I have both the Skydrive app and Microsoft Mesh installed, if you take a gander at how Mesh works it uses the skydrive "space" sooo will I be able to "MESH" or sync those files with the skydrive? Im confused about this whole thing. . .should I just use skydrive or should I continue to use Mesh? I dont think skydrive syncs the folders like mesh does.

1. I am using hard links inside Skydrive root folder to somewhat achieve how Mesh works

2. I still need to use mesh because I sync & share our home photo/video/music libraries across my 2PCs, 1 MacBook and my wife's laptop. It is well over 100GB that Skydrive maxes out at if I paid for it and I still won't be able to share the folder with my wife who has her own Skydrive.

So does this definitely mean that Windows Live Mail will go back to being Hotmail so to speak? I remember when the Live stuff was out with Anti-Virus software and stuff. Too funny

John Brancela

I hope so. Hotmail makes sense. I dare say there's more @hotmail.com suffixes out there than @live.com simply because of how long the hotmail brand has existed. Windows Mail would be fine, too, I guess. It's within the same moniker as gmail.

I don't know; MSN is the stupidest. Microsoft is one word, so Microsoft Network should be MN. But that's probably retarded because it's the same letters for the state of Minnesota. What's the S for? Micro Soft Network. That's wonky.

Yet when people shorten the word Microsoft, they use MS...

I don't know; MSN is the stupidest. Microsoft is one word, so Microsoft Network should be MN. But that's probably retarded because it's the same letters for the state of Minnesota. What's the S for? Micro Soft Network. That's wonky.

Microsoft has always been abbreviated MS. It may be written as one word but it stood for Microcomputer Software.

The company was originally named Micro-Soft.

They really should just leave it microsoft account (like google)..... since the login to the account is your email address and they let you put in any email address (even competing services) there really is no need to brand it as anything specific.