Nokia Drive 3.0 and Nokia Transport 2.0 features detailed

WP7Forum.ru has had a sneak peek at Nokia?s new Drive GPS navigation and Transport Public Transport app updates and have spilled the details.

image27.png?e83a2cimage28.png?e83a2cimage29.png?e83a2c

New features in the Nokia Drive 3.0 include:

The application "learns" based on the style of driving

Travel time and the density of traffic movements are tracked in real time, displaying information on the "live tile?

Automatic determination of time of day, with the change of colour scheme cards

Manual adjustment of routes

Off-line favourite lists with the possibility of fixing tiles on the start screen.

The Nokia Transport 2.0 app is also getting a list of new features:

Search for public transport using the user?s location.

Displaying nearby transportation: buses, trains, trams, subways, taxis, marked stops

Show the route with transfers

Support Schedule in 87 countries around the world

Support for fast access to Favorites

Advanced Search

Saving query history

Change the query without a new route

Faster search and installation of the route

Optimized application performance

http://wmpoweruser.com/nokia-drive-3-0-and-nokia-transport-2-0-features-detailed/

Didn't NOKIA say that they would make this app available to devices from other OEMs? As my HTC Location expired I'd welcome a free GPS app.

Didn't NOKIA say that they would make this app available to devices from other OEMs? As my HTC Location expired I'd welcome a free GPS app.

No, but the map data will be integrated into or replace the map data used in bing.

The metro tile for the app looks bad... Nokia have no taste :x

I think it looks perfectly fine.

Once the local data and map data gets back into Bing Maps we'll be better off but as for the apps it's not looking like other phones will get them. I think Nokia could make some extra money on the side if they actually sold the older version to other people for a good price. So, since we're talking about Nokia Drive 3.0, once it's out they could turn around and offer the older 2.x version to other phone owners for a nice price while still keeping the newest version for Nokia devices only.

I think it'd be a win-win for them.

I just want spoken street names and I'll be happy.

Spoken street names only works in english languages and even then it's pretty bad.

Once the local data and map data gets back into Bing Maps we'll be better off but as for the apps it's not looking like other phones will get them. I think Nokia could make some extra money on the side if they actually sold the older version to other people for a good price. So, since we're talking about Nokia Drive 3.0, once it's out they could turn around and offer the older 2.x version to other phone owners for a nice price while still keeping the newest version for Nokia devices only.

I think it'd be a win-win for them.

Agreed. Nokia should definitely sell this in the marketplace.

Having said that it needs a lot of work before it can really compete with other satnav software. The configuration options are limited, the graphics used for the maps are a bit simple and it doesn't run in the background (although that's beyond Nokia's control). Still, Nokia are rolling out new versions relatively quickly so it should improve quickly.

Spoken street names only works in english languages and even then it's pretty bad.

Hmm I have mine set to UK English (I live in the US, but I like the accent and words like motorway) but it doesn't use street names.