Antivirus Founder, John McAfee, says politics caused GSU raid

?On Monday at six o?clock, I was awakened by the sound of a bullhorn, a megaphone. I went outside and saw about thirty GSU in full uniform, full dressed, automatic weapons, storming through the property and drive way. I went back inside, got some clothes on, I came out. I was told to put up my hands up against the wall as was eleven other people on the compound. We had about eleven people present at the time?five of them were women. I was told that they had a warrant to search property. They began, with sledge hammers, to break the doors of the buildings?none of them were locked, but they just went and broke them in any case. I was merely watching this. They confiscated my passport, all of the weapons we used for security on the compound, handcuffed me and everyone and for fourteen hours outside in the sun, I sat handcuffed without food or water. We got water around noon. At three o?clock we asked for food. We were told by the GSU, do we look like cooks to you. They murdered my dog in cold blood. That was the thing I think?it was a warning to us that this is serious; don?t mess with us. They threw things around, they stole things?it was unbelievable, unimaginable for a country that was supposedly a democratic country. I was arrested on a bogus charge of having an illegal firearm?a firearm without a license. At the very beginning of the day, one of the GSU soldiers, one of the GSU officers, took all of my firearm licenses and put them in his vest. When he took them out to check the firearms, this one was missing. They charged me for having a firearm without a license; took me to Belize City. Fortunately we had copies. We showed up later at the police station with the copies. Even then it was difficult to get out. I had to get the intervention of the American embassy to get released. By the time I got to Belize, it was sixteen hours. I slept until two a.m. on a concrete floor at the Queen?s Street Police Station until the embassy finally convinced someone to release me. They confiscated my passport and claimed they didn?t have it. The entire day was an incredible nightmare. This is clearly a military dictatorship where people are allowed to go and harass citizens based on rumor alone and treat them as if they are guilty before any evidence whatsoever is obtained. It is astonishing, it is beyond belief and I intended not to let this stand. I will not stand idly by to let this happen to me. I promise you. It began, innocently enough, with my refusal to donate to the local political boss of the district where I lvied in Orange Walk and I have given at least two million dollars in gifts to the police departments in Orange Walk, San Pedro, Belize City, to the village of Carmelita, the City of Orange Walk. I have started programs to feed children, I?ve helped mothers whose husbands have simply disappeared. I am an old man, I am sixty-six. I have a fair amount of money and not much to do. So I spend it where I think it will do go. And I don?t ever invest in politics. I don?t donate to any political party; I don?t have any political affiliations. I think politics is foolish for a private citizen like myself to engage in?the winning party; you never get your money and the losing party; your on the outs. So I do not. And I refused to donate and the gentleman expected you know, I?ve given a million dollars to the police department, so he should get a huge chunk and he got nothing. Immediately after that, he began?not personality but his aids?began a campaign of calling to the local radio stations on Saturday morning talk shows saying the same thing; ?What are we going to do about the white man at the toll bridge? He has all of these security guards. He?s probably involved in illegal activities. Everybody is complaining about him.? Nothing could be further from the truth. That politician by the way did not get reelected.?

Source

even though I hate mcafee antivirus i still think that raid was BS