Adobe CS6 on sale today, Creative Cloud coming May 11th

Adobe CS6 on sale today, Creative Cloud coming May 11th

Creative Cloud distribution platform ? May 11th. The option gives subscribers access to all of Adobe?s professional tools for a $49.99 monthly fee.

CS6 includes revisions to all of Adobe?s Creative Suite apps, from Photoshop to After Effects, and as usual the company is offering a variety of packages and price points for people in different industries ? ranging from $699 for a single Photoshop license, to $2599 for the 16-app Master Collection. If you?ve been using the CS6 beta up until now, it?s probably a good idea to spend the cash soon if you don't want to lose your apps; Adobe has already stopped offering the beta for download, and we?re expecting it to draw to a close any day now.

Source: The Verge

I see Adobe are still performing daylight robbery; I'd love to know how they manage to convert $2599 USD to ?2667 with other similar currency "conversions" for other European countries. That's around ?1000 more.

With prices like that I won't be upgrading....

Damn, was hoping I'd get to try out CS6 today. I'll have to wait for Friday. But, hey, I'm getting the educational discount for at least a year, so I don't have much to complain about.

They want $949 for an upgrade from CS4. They probably justify it by saying they had that money grab version 5.5, so I'm "3 versions behind"

They had more reasonable prices when I upgraded from CS-> CS2 - CS4. I'll be skipping out on this one.

Annoying that CC subscribers have to wait until Friday. :/

Its just 5 days :D In the meantime you can watch some tutorials to familiarize yourself with the new features :D

Pirate Bay here I come. Honestly, how can they justify the British cost?

Simple economics, they have to import the data in to the UK... (or many other countries for that matter)

Clearing that much data through customs isn't cheap!

Creative Cloud is live, all the apps are there, couple of let downs;

- the touch apps are not free, i don't know why i assumed they were since it would be impossible to do this through the app store .. but if you purchase 3 apps you get a month free, which is nice.

- the desktop app, which i believe is a dropbox like folder on your PC/Mac isn't available yet which is one of the things i was looking forward to.

Just downloaded the Application Manager. Seems if you downloaded any of the trial software from Adobe, such as the Master Collection CS6, the program will recognize this and thus you don't have to redownload. The "TRYOUT" will simply be converted into the full version.

Just downloaded the Application Manager. Seems if you downloaded any of the trial software from Adobe, such as the Master Collection CS6, the program will recognize this and thus you don't have to redownload. The "TRYOUT" will simply be converted into the full version.

damn, i just uninstalled the trial version before proceeding [whilst also uninstalling my pirated copies, and Little Snitch] ... i'm happy to be legal now though.

• 1 month later...

I'm so excited about this - http://tv.adobe.com/watch/cs6-creative-cloud-feature-tour-for-web/pattern-creation-in-illustrator-cs6/?sdid=JUMNB finally I can create patterns for my blog and twitter backgrounds in an instant. The new creative suite CS6 from Adobe is full of brilliant new features. I already bought it from here ? http://shop.adobe.com/in?sdid=JUMTL, can't wait to get my hands on it!