What smartphone will be your next?

I was looking at getting a Nokia N9 from the office - I have no interest in iPhone, Android or Lumia due to issues that I have with them.

Possibly another Symbian phone from Nokia if they still release a decent one.

I'm not planning to replace my Nexus S anytime soon as it's working perfectly fine and does everything I need.

If it got broken or stolen I might go for a Galaxy Nexus, although I'm also liking the design of the Xperia S.

Something with Android on it anyway, and preferably a Nexus phone just because I like vanilla Android.

Whatever's around in September 2013 when my contract ends. Want to buy my next phone outright because you get stung with contracts!

Whatever's around in September 2013 when my contract ends. Want to buy my next phone outright because you get stung with contracts!

My contract with 3UK worked out cheaper than if I'd bought my phone outright (once you add the price of the phone and a cheap contract with data). The only downside is the 2 year lock-in.

Really hard choice at the moment. I'm upgrading from a HTC Desire. I really don't want another HTC phone. At the moment my choices are:-

• Google Galaxy Nexus
  • HTC One X
  • Samsung Galaxy S III

Think I can hold off until Google release their next phone. Fingers crossed they take the S3 and make some hardware UI changes.

My contract with 3UK worked out cheaper than if I'd bought my phone outright (once you add the price of the phone and a cheap contract with data). The only downside is the 2 year lock-in.

Galaxy S2 on contract with Three - 300 minutes, 3000 texts, unlimited data - 24 month contract - 99 upfront plus 28 x 24 = 771

Galaxy S2 off contract with Three - 300 minutes, 3000 texts, unlimited data - one month rolling SIM - 359.99 plus 15 x 24 = 719.99

I know that not all contracts work out that way and some are indeed cheaper, I just think that the freedom of PAYG/rolling contracts is worth slightly more. Plus it'll cut monthly outgoings!

I was looking at getting a Nokia N9 from the office - I have no interest in iPhone, Android or Lumia due to issues that I have with them.

Possibly another Symbian phone from Nokia if they still release a decent one.

701 and 603 are pretty good, or you can try 808 too. Im getting 603 myself.

701 and 603 are pretty good, or you can try 808 too. Im getting 603 myself.

The battery time is a no-no for me, also it lacks some features that I need ( I don't care about apps etc. but I need bluetooth, file management + ftp server via wlan in the phone )

I'm getting the Sony LT29i Hayabusa as soon as it's out to replace my Sony Xperia S. Shouldn't be too long now!

I just took out a new contract so its gonna be 2014 before I can get a new phone :(

Hopefully there will be a large screen iPhone out by then.

The battery time is a no-no for me, also it lacks some features that I need ( I don't care about apps etc. but I need bluetooth, file management + ftp server via wlan in the phone )

There is no BT transfer???! Im ditching Lumia 710 because of lack of BT transfer and microsd support!

I want the Lumia 900 but I cant face looking at it. It looks like they took a nice slim phone and stuck it into a big chunky bit of coloured case.

Galaxy S2 on contract with Three - 300 minutes, 3000 texts, unlimited data - 24 month contract - 99 upfront plus 28 x 24 = 771

Galaxy S2 off contract with Three - 300 minutes, 3000 texts, unlimited data - one month rolling SIM - 359.99 plus 15 x 24 = 719.99

I know that not all contracts work out that way and some are indeed cheaper, I just think that the freedom of PAYG/rolling contracts is worth slightly more. Plus it'll cut monthly outgoings!

Nice one. Unlimited data really pushed contract prices up when I last renewed so it's good to see that you can get such a good deal these days.

I'm open to whatever phones are available when my contract ends this time next year. As it stands I'm thinking I'd like to go to a higher-grade phone than what I have at the moment, whether that's an iPhone, an Android or a Windows Phone device. I like all of them for different reasons but I couldn't have them all. I suppose my absolute favorite device at the moment is the Galaxy Nexus, just because of pure 4.0 and the display.

Nice one. Unlimited data really pushed contract prices up when I last renewed so it's good to see that you can get such a good deal these days.

You can get 300 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited data for ?10 with Giffgaff, but Three is arguably a better network.

You can get 300 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited data for ?10 with Giffgaff, but Three is arguably a better network.

Yeah, I'm happy with 3 too and intend to stick with them.

I want the Lumia 900 but I cant face looking at it. It looks like they took a nice slim phone and stuck it into a big chunky bit of coloured case.

Lol. Ever heard of the Lumia 800?

Honestly, I don't know. I've got an Omnia 7 right now, and even if it doesn't get upgraded to WP8, I'll still be using it for a fair amount of time. After that, probably some other Windows Phone device.

Think im going to go for one of the new HTC ONE series not sure which one yet though.