What smartphone will be your next?

smartphones

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#31 StrikedOut

StrikedOut

Outside the box

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:56

Will be a new Android device when my contract is up for renewal but have a few months left so not in a hurry to choose right now.

#32 mps69

mps69

Neowinian

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:57

It's going to be the HTC One X or S.
My Desire contract runs out at the end of the year, good time to upgrade.
Played with both a One X and One S, both feel good in my hand, and the OS seems to be nice and smooth. It will all depend of the deal I get at the time.

#33 Osiris

Osiris

Neowinian God!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia 930

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:59

Windows 8 phone

#34 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:10

A Nokia Windows Phone 8 device.

#35 veternan

veternan

Neowinian

• Phone: Xperia Mini

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:15

NEXT GENERATION OF
S O N Y _ X P E R I A

#36 Damian

Damian

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:26

The next iPhone.

(Didn't see any reason to upgrade my iPhone 4 to 4S)

#37 SinghKing

SinghKing

Neowinian

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:27

Galaxy S3 anyday.
Its totally different to my current Blackberry Bold 9780.
The specs on the S3 is good, the xpPhone looks good, but I get bored of using the software operating system, need something new and different.
Hence I use Windows 7 on my desktop, Ubuntu on my Netbook and hopefully get android OS on my phone. Mix it up a little.
There is a lot that I would like on my phone, such as Steam, Dungeon Defenders, Skype, and more space for DropBox. All this cannot be done on the BB and iPhone are a little expensive and too restricted for me.

#38 Dan~

Dan~

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:55

It'll be another iPhone, love the way it works and is so simple and all phones still try to be an "iPhone killer" so it's saying something!

Plus I've bought apps, so if I changed phones i'll have to buy them all again, though I'm suprised there isn't a law about this yet :/

#39 BetaAddict

BetaAddict

Uncomplicating the complicated

• Phone: MotoX, Nexus 7, Android 4.4

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:57

Galaxy Nexus. Love that it'll get OS updates as quickly as Google releases them and I really love the high-resolution screen.

Exactly the reason I sold my sgs2 to get the Nexus after the price dropped to $399. I'll be more than content with this phone for a few years until I finish grad school.

if all goes well the GS3 but only time will tell, as i will not be making the purchase until late august.

If you are going to wait until August, you might as well wait for the next Nexus that will come by the end of the year.

#40 BetaAddict

BetaAddict

Uncomplicating the complicated

• Phone: MotoX, Nexus 7, Android 4.4

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:03

It'll be another iPhone, love the way it works and is so simple and all phones still try to be an "iPhone killer" so it's saying something!

Plus I've bought apps, so if I changed phones i'll have to buy them all again, though I'm suprised there isn't a law about this yet :/

The subject of "iphone killer" is simply a matter of marketing. Those of us who really care about superior hardware and enjoy the flexibility of Android modding without restrictions, most androids will beat the iphone in that aspect. For people who simply want a solid all around smartphone without getting all technical or already invested in the iOS/OSX ecosystem, iphone is still a great default choice.

For your sake, I hope the iphone 5 is actually competitive this year against the htc x one and sgs3, unlike last year's iphone 4s. I mean, siri is nice, but it's still ahead of its time and too awkward to use in public situations.

#41 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:05

A Nokia Windows Phone 8 device.

ditto

#42 the better twin

the better twin

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:12

ditto

same.
Have a Lumia 800 currently and its a joy to use. Can see myself getting another Nokia because of how good this phone is.

#43 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:33

If Apple don't release a true successor to the iPhone 4 this year, then i will choose between either the Lumia 900 or Galaxy S3. Still by the time my contract is up (August) then there may be a better phone by then.

Ideally i'd want a new iPhone but i don't want another slightly faster phone with a better camera, like the 4S.

#44 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:34

same.
Have a Lumia 800 currently and its a joy to use. Can see myself getting another Nokia because of how good this phone is.

Yep. My partner has a Lumia 800 and it's a great phone. I've got an Omnia 7 and it would take something amazing to make me stick with Samsung over Nokia at this stage.

#45 aberg

aberg

Neowinian

• Phone: Windows Phone

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:41

Probably the successor to Lumia 800, don't like the size of 900. At the moment I have a Samsung Omnia W (Focus Flash).