J.J Abrams "Revolution"

Think I'm gonna give this one a miss until 2013 cancellation announcements, I'm sick of investing myself in a show only for it to be canned without closure.

What's really bad about this is that the networks don't get this. It is become a very common mentality and the networks ignore this factor when making cancellation considerations.

I think there should be a new rule for all sci-fi shows on network stations: make a first season with only 13 episodes and see how it does. You're spending less for the show, give it a shot, require viewers to put less time in upfront and see how the fans react to it. Put it in the best possible time slot (like immediately after American Idol if it is on FOX). If the show's good, it should only build viewers.

• 2 weeks later...

Won't last. Not on NBC. I have seen NBC kill series. Not cancel, actively kill a series.

Showed 4 episodes, moved it to Saturday to show another episode, held the rest of the series for 3 months before dumping the rest of the series on Saturday and cancelling it.

Won't last. Not on NBC. I have seen NBC kill series. Not cancel, actively kill a series.

Showed 4 episodes, moved it to Saturday to show another episode, held the rest of the series for 3 months before dumping the rest of the series on Saturday and cancelling it.

I already know what the fans can send in to protest once they go that route, batteries.

• 3 weeks later...

I liked Kings too.

This sounds interesting but I'll echo what everyone else and say that I hate to get emotionally invested in a show only to have it killed. However, I'm willing to give this one a try for the fact that Giancarlo Esposito (who happened to give an outstanding performance in Breaking Bad) is a cast member.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I'm not even going to bother. I would LOVE a show like this one to be successful, but JJ Abrams ? NBC ? Not gonna happen. Spoiler : The reason there is no electricity is supernatural. It's JJ after all. I haven't seen a truly great post-apocalyptic show yet. It would be really awesome but I'd only give one a chance if it was aired on HBO.

Elizabeth Mitchell is reuniting with Lost creator J.J. Abrams as a series regular on his post-apocalyptic NBC drama Revolution, TVLine has learned.

Mitchell will play Rachel Matheson, the mother of Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos) and Danny Matheson (Graham Rogers), and appear in a series in flashbacks. (The role was filled by Rescue Me?s Andrea Roth in the original pilot.)

Abrams and writer Eric Kripke (Supernatural) are executive-producing Revolution, in which all of the power in the world mysteriously shuts off. Picking up 15 years after the catastrophe, the series follows a band of survivors trying to evade a ruthless militia unit that wants to get the current flowing again, though for the wrong reasons.

The Twilight saga?s Billy Burke plays Miles, the survivors? unlikely leader and Rachel?s brother-in-law, and Breaking Bad?s Giancarlo Esposito is Captain Neville, a sadistic militia commander. On Friday, Daniella Alonso (Friday Night Lights) was added to the cast as Nora, a rebel fighter.

Mitchell?s other TV credits include V and the HBO movie Gia, opposite Angelina Jolie.

Revolution premieres Monday, Sept. 17, at 10 pm/9c.

http://tvline.com/2012/06/30/elizabeth-mitchell/

• 2 weeks later...

I think its got potential after watching the trailer... lets hope it can deliver

Awesomeness. Can't wait. Does anyone know what that song is at 1:53? It sounds so familiar.

I think its got potential after watching the trailer... lets hope it can deliver

it's NBC there's a hope...a little hope! :p

i have no hope for this show. The idea is ok, but it's better suited for a mini series. Instead, NBC will force them to drag it out in a 22 episode season, then they'll cancel it like 'The Event.'

'The Event' could have been a good show it it was only 8 episodes long. idk why people think seasons need to be so dang long.

i have no hope for this show. The idea is ok, but it's better suited for a mini series. Instead, NBC will force them to drag it out in a 22 episode season, then they'll cancel it like 'The Event.'

'The Event' could have been a good show it it was only 8 episodes long. idk why people think seasons need to be so dang long.

Totally agree. Shows like this are much better suited for networks like SyFy, USA, TNT, FX, AMC, HBO, Showtime, or something else other than the big 4. The big 4 continue to do 22-24 episode seasons and then they wonder why their ratings are in the tank.

Both The Event and FlashForward are shows that I think deserved better!

Totally agree. Shows like this are much better suited for networks like SyFy, USA, TNT, FX, AMC, HBO, Showtime, or something else other than the big 4. The big 4 continue to do 22-24 episode seasons and then they wonder why their ratings are in the tank.

Totally agree. Loved both of those shows. The cliffhanger for The Event was friggin' mental.

dayum miss that show :(

• 4 weeks later...

They need to leak the first episode

so the series will fail? :rofl: I mean its going to fail anyway lets not help it on its way :p

• 2 weeks later...