J.J Abrams "Revolution"

• 2 weeks later...

Is the premise here that electricity stops working? I'm not really clear why that wouldn't just mean technology would go back to the 19th century , where mechanical solutions/fuel powered were used over electrical ones. Why are people using swords instead of guns, and why can't they use gas lamps? Why can't they use older diesel cars that don't require electricity?

Is the premise here that electricity stops working? I'm not really clear why that wouldn't just mean technology would go back to the 19th century , where mechanical solutions/fuel powered were used over electrical ones. Why are people using swords instead of guns, and why can't they use gas lamps? Why can't they use older diesel cars that don't require electricity?

Kind of need to have electricity to run the refineries and pumps to get that diesel. Also there were some folks that I saw that had muskets.

Kind of need to have electricity to run the refineries and pumps to get that diesel. Also there were some folks that I saw that had muskets.

Hmm.. current rigs, but oil rigs used to be run using steam power. Also, they used to refine motor fuel through the distillation of coal.

Seems funny to me too that all the sudden without electricity they went to horses and 19th century lifestyle.

But this is JJ Abrams we are talking about here, he must thought of something brilliant we not getting.

the pre release episode on Hulu was rather dry until the end however, it has me hooked i will probably give the first season a go.

Any theories on how the power outage make them go completely techless and live 19th century?

You think maybe during those 15 (unshowed) yeared maybe they had stream trains etc but the militia forbid it maybe?

I wonder if that's a secret that should even been a secret in the first place?

My theory is that they don't want people to have electricity and delibrately took the electicity away.

I wonder if that's a secret that should even been a secret in the first place?

My theory is that they don't want people to have electricity and delibrately took the electicity away.

Huh??? Obviously there is a greater mystery here then that, you can't just take the energy out of a battery or keep a engine from working without an emp or in this case something more mysterious.

• 2 weeks later...

This show is ridiculously bad.

Agreed. The acting is abysmal and if it wasn't for the last minute of the show, I would not have thought twice at attempting to watch a second episode. These actors are some of the worst I have seen in a long time.

Seems funny to me too that all the sudden without electricity they went to horses and 19th century lifestyle.

But this is JJ Abrams we are talking about here, he must thought of something brilliant we not getting.

All of a sudden? It was 15 years if you actually watched the epi you would have known that.

I didn't hate the show, but I wasn't drawn to it at all. At least there's enough unexplained stuff to keep it interesting while they figure out what it's all about, but so far it's just a bunch of pretty scenery and other stuff you expect out of a video game.

I'll keep watching for a few more eps before deciding, but I suspect it won't keep my interest.

The story seems pretty good. Although the acting is wooden.

Still I loved Giancarlo Esposito, I think he's a great actor, he was fantastic in Breaking Bad!