Installing Windows 8

I was wondering if anyone would have a solution to my problem. I made a parition on my laptop to install windows 8 but when I try to select the parition when installing windows 8 I get this error

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR parition. On EFI systems, Windows can only be instaled to GPT disk".

Can't find a solution to it, hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction!

I was wondering if anyone would have a solution to my problem. I made a parition on my laptop to install windows 8 but when I try to select the parition when installing windows 8 I get this error

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR parition. On EFI systems, Windows can only be instaled to GPT disk".

Can't find a solution to it, hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction!

Does this mean you have Windows 7 on your first partition? If so, then just boot into Windows 7 and change the type of partition you made to a GPT disk. I could be wrong but I think the Win7 Disk Manager will do this for you. Actually I think all you have to do is just right click on the partition and you should see the option to "Convert to GPT Disk". Just do that and try again, you should be good to go.

*Edit* Actually, it might not let you do that since we're talking about one HDD that's got two partitions on it, seems in order to conver it it has to be the whole disk so it's got to be empty. This option doesn't seem to work in your case, sorry. The link posted above could work though from the way I read it.

What if you boot into whatever OS you made that partition in, and delete that partition. That way Win 8 sees it as unpartitioned space.

As a general rule, never partition/format a drive in one OS if you intend to install another OS to it. Just leave it unpartitioned and let the OS you want to install deal with it.