Photo
ping internet connectivity

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 CronicHazel

CronicHazel

Neowinian

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:54

Sounds like it could be something hardware wise on your laptop, if this really happened out of the blue. D:

#17 htcz

htcz

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:37

Sounds sort of like someone has hacked your home network ...

? I dont think this has anythign to do with that but how did you come to that conclusion?

I agree that too much protection and maybe a update conflicts with another program on your PC and is causing all type of issues.

Safe Mode with Networking and see if problem persist. Then we will continue :)

#18 Aldur82

Aldur82

Neowinian

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:49

Your mention of Group Policy changes triggered something. Do you use a Proxy Server for your internet at work? Might be something skew with the settings. The Proxy Server settings get overlooked quite often because they normally don't cause a problem, Windows just falls back to not using it...until it tries again.
If it's not the Proxy Server settings, then it might be something to do with the wireless network profile. I had an intermittent problem that sounds a lot like this which I fixed it by deleting the existing profile and then setting it up again. It messed up after Windows Update applied some network fixes in a regular update. Since I re-created the profile, the problem hasn't shown up since.

#19 OP SirEvan

SirEvan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC One (AT&T)

Posted 14 May 2012 - 17:31

WE do use a proxy server, although I don't know the exact details, it's something Lockheed runs and all our traffic runs through it. Ended up getting a new laptop and so far it hasn't done it yet on this one *crosses fingers* it's incredibly annoying having to release/renew every 10 minutes just to get internet back.

Thanks guys.

#20 g0dzilla

g0dzilla

Neowinian

• OS: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Windows 8 CP x64, and Mac OSX Lion
  • Phone: Jailbroken iPhone 4 GSM iOS 5.1.1

Posted 15 May 2012 - 13:26

It may have been something like malware or a software update that caused the issue, perhaps upsetting the TCP/IP stack - a TCP/IP stack and Winsock reset *may* have fixed this up.

If if was was a GPO change, then surely some others in the company would have complained of similar issues?

If you use a proxy at work that is set to an IP address then you would most likely have to switch that off when on an external network, i.e. at home or hotel etc. Otherwise you may be using a PAC file and in its script there is a line of code that tells your laptop to connect 'directly' to the Internet if your IP address is not xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, or not on your internal company subnet...

#21 g0dzilla

g0dzilla

Neowinian

• OS: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Windows 8 CP x64, and Mac OSX Lion
  • Phone: Jailbroken iPhone 4 GSM iOS 5.1.1

Posted 15 May 2012 - 13:28

Just like using 5 condoms might stop the baby from happening, but it doesn't feel good and it's awkward as hell...

Oh and lol @ remixedcat above!